[1] Lost but Found

Hello, welcome to the rewritten version of Chapter 1! I hope you like this new/revised edition! You might see some old details still in there that I decided to keep in, but most are revised.

Also: I should have said this long ago, but this story was inspired by the story Home by ShellShockedNinjaTurtleGal on Fanfiction.net

The story mentioned above is incomplete, and will most likely stay that way, but it is very enjoyable to read! I highly recommend it if you love stories like these. I highly praise the author that created it, so go check it out!

That being said, some minor ideas from the story Home can be seen in this story. For instance, this chapter includes things like the word "kit" will be used to describe young Lombaxes. Also, the idea of a "memory recorder" or such device was also inspired by the story Home. I thought the concept was unique, and fitting in this situation. However, please remember that these ideas are inspired by the author, so credit goes to them for these ideas, since that is where I got the inspiration from. (However, I have been seeing more and more people use this term to describe Lombax young)

BEFORE YOU READ, I want to warn you that this chapter goes a bit slower, as I go into plenty of detail (in my opinion, at least). You can skip parts if you wish, but I recommend you read through most of it. Because it might have valuable information, I wish for some feedback on if you like chapters like this or not so I know for the future. Thank you!

Anyway, on with the chapter! Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

It was a chilly autumn morning, the sun dying the sky a soft pastel yellow and baby blue. The air was crisp and refreshing. All this and more was what made up a perfect day for those that lived in the city. A city that held a notoriously secretive race. A race that was thought to be long gone since they seemed to disappear out of thin air years ago. This city held the Lombaxian race.

General Alister Azimuth was a well-respected man among his fellow Lombaxes. Known for his various triumphs while he was training for the guard. Commended for his work in bringing the Lombaxes across dimensions with his friend, the Keeper of the Dimensionator, Kaden Callisto. Together they helped those who survived to where they are now, away from the dangers that once plagued their kind.

Now, the Lombaxes all lived normal lives. They may have lost many years ago, but that did not stop them from moving on and becoming strong once again.

Although, today was not going to be a perfect day, for Alister that is.

He walked along the city's walls, having been up for hours looking for any dangers that could potentially be hazardous to those that resided within the walls, then again, he has done this enough times to assume that nothing would be amiss.

However, that was about to change.

He sensed an odd disturbance in the air, his white and red-colored earshot up in alarm, looking left and right to search for what could have caused this disturbance. Only to see nothing. He clenched his Omniwrench, perhaps he was getting tired from being up all night? His shoulders slumped, shaking off the odd feeling and raced down his spine as he started to walk forward slowly, as if he was apprehensive to walk on.

It wasn't until he turned the corner outside the city walls that he saw exactly what caused his unease. His body froze in shock, it couldn't be! He couldn't believe what he saw before him.

A young Lombax, no older than a teen, laid flat on their right side, left arm laid limply against their chest while their right arm stretched out in front of them. A spatter of blood painted the dirty ground beneath their head, their shirt seemed to be burnt, exposing burnt patches of fur and cuts that seemed to have stopped bleeding. Their legs seemed to be in no better shape than the rest of their body, lying limply on the ground, left knee bloody and bent forwards, not broken, but obviously injured. Their golden, brown-striped fur was dusty and bloodied in some spots, more injuries laying hidden beneath their fur. Alister dropped his Omniwrench in shock, getting down on his knees, hands hovering above the kit's body, afraid to touch just in case there were any injuries he could not see. He immediately grabbed his communicator strapped against his left shoulder, pressing the button and speaking into it.