[7] Danger Calls For Me

Me: "Okay, it will be a bit longer than the other chapters, no biggie!"

Also me : *writes 9769+ words (not including author's notes) and calls it a chapter*

....What the hell did I do??

Okay, I won't keep you waiting...please enjoy the extra content! I worked hard on it! 

(....hope you have enough time to read it....it is long....heheh)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

The next day, Alister kindly reserved the arena for them so Ratchet could practice with the hoverboard. To say the least, Ratchet was good with balancing, but it was the board that kept failing him.

The damn gravity coils seemed to like turning off and making him drop to the ground. Even so, Ratchet kept getting back up again, more determined than before.

However, he could say that he almost gave Kaden and Phoebe heart attacks to last them a lifetime because of his close calls. But now, he had way more room to practice.

The competition was going to be held on Monday. Today was Wednesday. So if he wanted to win, he needed to be perfect.

Phoebe watched from afar as Kaden and Alister watched him warily as he hopped onto the board. He and Kaden fixed this thing about 3 times since yesterday, and it was still up to debate if it would work or not. He could only hope it would as he kicked the kickstand back, hovering above the ground a moment later. Kaden nervously walked up next to him.

"Alright. You seem to be good at balancing. But I want to see you go forward, just a bit..."

Ratchet took his left heel and pressed down on the thrusters lightly. Going forward just a bit until he took his heel off. He sighed as everything seemed to be going smoothly. He looked down at Kaden, who nodded in encouragement. He sighed, pressing down a bit harder, going farther with a jolt. Alister immediately at his side, "Careful, too fast!"

Ratchet groaned internally, these adults were way too worried for him. He could take it, he could do it!

He sighed, moving forward slowly, "I can go faster...?"

Kaden paused, before nodding hesitantly, "Sure. Be careful." And then be backed up, Alister as well. They watched as Ratchet bent his knees slightly, turning his body so he was facing right. If he does this correctly. He should be able to turn to the right before hitting the wall. He started the thrusters, the adults going forward to stop him,

"Too fast!" Phoebe shouted, but Ratchet went forwards anyway, turning to the right and angling the board upwards to stop himself. Successfully this time. He whooped, finally accomplishing his first step. Actually riding the board. He turned to the adults, Kaden having a proud smile on his face, "Y-you did it! I think you have a-"

Suddenly the board sputtered, flying forward without the thrusters engaging. And Ratchet fell backward, only hearing shouts of alarm as he fell. Hitting the ground hard,

Without anyone there to catch him, his shoulders and back took most of the impact, the back of his head only smacking against the dirt ground lightly. And he felt a blinding pain in his shoulders, the same place of his prior injuries. He only let out a pained breath as he landed, suddenly looking up at the cloudy afternoon sky. He watched as Kaden came into his vision first, obviously worried and starting to lift him to see if he was okay, he shook his head in pain. And he stopped. Alister and Phoebe appeared in his vision as well.