[6] Familiarity

HERE IS YOUR CONTENT FOOD! EAT IT, MY FRIENDS.

JUST A LITTLE NOTE (!!READ IT!!) : A bit of a shorter chapter today, I had to split it. Nothing much happens in this chapter besides wholesome Ratchet moments...and a bit of Clank segment at the end, so I suggest you read the whole thing in order to understand next chapter. ENJOY these moments while they last....

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

If there was one thing Ratchet knew, it was that Kaden and Phoebe were trying their best to spend some time with him.

It has been a week and a half since he spent that time building with Kaden, and ever since then, they have been spending more and more time with him.

It was weird, after keeping away from them and all. Then again, they kept away from him too. Maybe they did feel guilty. Maybe he felt guilty in a way. In any case, he was slowly breaking out of his shell around them, and genuinely enjoying the time that he spent with them. Phoebe was so sweet with her words, always spending her time chatting with him, gardening with him, and even asked if he could bake with her. He hesitantly agreed,

"I don't know Phoebe...I don't know if I will be really good at baking. You saw how I was with the plants that day before yesterday." Phoebe huffed, "I assure you, you aren't that bad!" she glared playfully, "As long as you don't tear into my cake like you did to my Asters!" Ratchet winced, rubbing the back of his neck, picking up a bag of flour in one hand, "No guarantees there. Wherever I go, trouble follows."

Phoebe chuckled at this, taking a big bowl out of one of the bottom cabinets. "That's why we are starting with something simple." she said, laying out a recipe book opened to one, specific page, "Chocolate chip cookies, the basics."

Ratchet looked down at the book, counting the steps in the recipe, "13 steps...Just for cookies?"

Phoebe looked down at the book again, before looking back at him, "Yep!"

Ratchet groaned internally, already resigning himself to his very unfortunate fate. He thought yesterday's scolding was bad after killing Phoebe's Aster flower? Just wait until he spilled the flour on himself (and quite possibly, the floor.)

Even though the "scolding" part wasn't true. They were just joking around at the time.

He still did not want flour on himself, or the clean floor.

He watched as Phoebe expertly measured out the ingredients, waiting until Ratchet picked up the last ingredient, the flour. He frowned, staring right back at her, before opening the bag and gently, oh so gently, poured it into the measuring cup. Putting it back down when on the counter when he was done. Phoebe smiled kindly, lifting up the bowl,

"Great, now we can-"

*Crack...*

She knocked an egg off the counter when lifting the bowl. She stared down at the floor in silence, Ratchet also staring, before looking back up at her with a smirk, "It wasn't me this time!" and chuckled lowly.

She promptly took a handful of flour and threw it at him.

Needless to say, it took them almost two hours to make a successful batch of cookies, laying them on a nice red plate for anyone to take. Turns out, cookies that survived a flour war were actually pretty good. On the other hand, Ratchet knew he would need a shower after this, considering Phoebe kept throwing it at him for laughing. It wasn't his fault, at least. She kept breaking the eggs and getting eggshells in the mixture.