Learning the hard way (highschool flashback)

Barry Allen was always the smartest boy in school; he always did his homework and always turned up on time to lessons.

Caitlin Snow used to be like that until she met Julian.

Barry regretted not telling her how he felt about her. It was too late; Central City High had there prom a week before.

Now they have to finish up their work; then they go on with their lives.. and leave high school behind. The start of adulthood.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" Caitlin says looking deeply into her phone.

"Yeah... only if you want to sit next to this handsome loser" Barry says with a flirtatious tone.

"Miss Snow; can we turn off the phone?" the teacher goes near the desk.

"Agh okay." Caitlin rolls her eyes and turns off her phone and takes a seat next to Barry.

Barry smiles at her looking slightly blushed.

"What Allen?" Caitlin smiles back.

"It has been a while." Barry sighs.

"We saw eachother a while back." Caitlin slightly smiles back.

"I have been worried about you." Caitlin looks down at the desk.

"CLASS... HUSH NOW!!" the teacher at the front yells.

The class goes silent.

"Today as it is S.. sex education." Sir stutters.

"Sir you can say it!" One of the students in the back remark.

The whole class laugh.

"Yes I know.. Mr Holden; you can shh now" the class stops.

"Now; in the boxes hiding under your desk you will each have a baby." Sir holds up a pretend Baby with cards.

"But sir..." Caitlin pipes up.

"Miss Snow... you will be paired with Mr Allen." the teacher points at the pair.

"But..." Caitlin stutters.

"Nothing Miss Snow." Sir gets angry.

"I don't mind a challenge Sir." Barry smiles at Caitlin.

Caitlin blushes for a minute she looks at Barry in a different light. It reminds her of the old times; she reminds herself of the time they met on the steps.

"What you blushing for?" Barry grabs the baby off her hands.

"How does this thing work?" Barry holds the baby doll upside-down.

"Waaaaaaa" The baby activates.

"What did I do?" Barry sighs.

"Hand it over." Caitlin flicks through the cards inserting which one works.

"None of them work Barr." Caitlin tries to figure out if there is anymore.

"One of them says feed." Barry says sarcastically.

"Okay smart dork." Caitlin inserts feed.

"Coooo...ahhh" The baby stops crying.

"You'd be a good father one day" Caitlin smiles as she cradles the fake baby.

"Yeah, and you would be an even better Mum" Barry watches her smile. He captured the moment in his head.

***

To be continued