Chapter 67 - A Stroll In The Garden

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"Alright, our lesson for today will have to end right here," Teacher announced, prompting me to nod in agreement, grateful for the break. I stretched my arms overhead and glanced out the window.

"It sure is a great weather outside," Teacher remarked, her gaze fixed on the bright scenery beyond the glass.

"Yeah, it is so bright outside," I agreed, a smile playing on my lips.

"Our lesson for today sure did end pretty quickly. It seems like you're quite intelligent when it comes to small and big numbers," Teacher commented, her eyes still focused on me.

"Oh, ah... I do self-study before when I still hadn't received a teacher to take me for lessons," I explained with a smile, noticing Teacher's persistent stare.

(Why does she keep staring at me like that?)

(But I don't feel any negative energy from her.)

(But the way she looks at me feels like she is actually observing me from my head down to my toes. Or is it just me?)

"How old are you again?" Teacher asked.

"Oh, I'm six years old," I replied with a smile, to which she responded with a smile of her own.

"That is even more perfect," Teacher whispered, but I could clearly read her lips and hear what she said.

"Pardon? Did Teacher say something?" I inquired, and Teacher shook her head with a bright smile.

"Since we still have a few minutes left, would you like to spend time with me in the garden?" Teacher suggested, but I hesitated.

"Oh, I would really like to spend time with Teacher too, but I don't think I could go outside today. Mother says I mustn't go outside," I explained. Teacher just stared at me for a moment.

"It's fine, it won't be too long anyway," she reassured me.

(Why does she want to go outside and take a walk in the garden? Doesn't she realize what's going on in the mansion right now?)

(Teacher should be alarmed already about me not being able to go outside today.)

"Oh then, I will have to ask for permission fir—" I began, but Teacher interrupted me.

"Oh, don't worry about it, I will take care of that situation. So, what do you say?" Teacher asked, smiling.

(It's already afternoon, and we have a few minutes until lunch time.)

(Mother strictly says I cannot go outside of the mansion... But...)

(How could I refuse this woman's offer?)

(If I refuse now, it would seem disrespectful to Teacher.)

"Uhm, okay... I'll go outside with Teacher in the garden," I agreed with a smile as I got up from my chair.

"Great! I have always wanted to touch and smell the flowers outside. There are a few beautiful flowers I'd like to see with my very own eyes," Teacher said excitedly, and I nodded in agreement.

"Is Teacher fond of flowers?" I asked with a smile.

"Does anyone even hate flowers? Of course not!" Teacher replied, her smile bright.

"Then please follow me. I will show you one of my favorite flowers in the garden," I said cheerfully, my smile widening. But Teacher just kept staring at me with an expression I couldn't quite read.

🦋 - - ✄ - - - - 🦋🦋

We're in the garden now, and I'm relieved that the maids haven't closed the back door yet. Nobody saw me sneak outside, which is good because I could get in trouble for leaving the mansion without permission. But since Teacher is with me, I should be okay.

"Teacher, let me introduce you to Miss Catalina," I said, showing Teacher my favorite flower, a clematis plant.

"I see you're planting a purple flower. Do you like purple-colored flowers that much?" Teacher asked.

"Absolutely, Teacher!" I replied with a smile.

"Do you know anything about this plant? Since you're fond of this flower, I'm guessing you know about this little one here?" Teacher asked, smiling.

"Uhm... well, I don't really know much about them, but they're very beautiful to me," I admitted with a smile.

"Uh, well, I heard from our gardener, Mr. David, that there are actually a wide variety of clematis available in this world," I began, gently touching the flower.

"Mr. David also told me that it's important to choose the right plant (clematis) for the spot where we want to grow it," I continued, glancing at Teacher, who nodded in understanding.

"I see," Teacher responded.

"Mr. David also says that most clematis require fertile, moisture-retentive soil and full sun, but some tolerate shade too," I elaborated, noticing Teacher's attentive expression.

"I think I've read about this plant in a book before. They're hungry feeders," Teacher remarked.

"Well, Teacher could say that. That's also why Mr. David mentioned that we need to add plenty of organic material when planting," I explained.

"And then feeding it weekly with a high potash fertilizer in summer. Well, I'm not too sure since I'm not really good at memorizing things, hehe," I added, scratching the back of my head.

" Well, you've done a great job on telling me about this plant." Teacher says as I smiled, then I returned my gaze on the flower.

" When do you think is the best time planting this types of plant?? " Teacher says

" Uh, as I remember, Mr. David says that the best time to plant clematis is in late spring or early autumn?? Uh, I don't really know." I said as I thought about it.

" Ah! It's like when the soil is moist and warm, but not too hot, heheheh." I said as the teacher only smiled and nodded her head.

" O-Oh! Teacher can plant clematis in summer, but teacher will need to water it more frequently to help it establish well and must avoid planting clematis in winter." I said with a smile on my face while I was looking at the flower and when I turned around to face teacher, she was just standing still behind me.

" What's wrong? " Teacher says as I was just staring at her and I just shook my head.

( Is it just me or did I saw something??? )

" Nothing, but oh! If teacher is planning on planting this flower, teacher will lastly consider how much teacher wants to gives a care to the plant. " I said with a smile.

" Yes, indeed. I mustn't neglect something ever again." Teacher says as she was staring at me and I just smiled at her.

.
.
.
.🦋.