What's Still Mine

I made my way into the buzzing room. Eyes immediately stared back at me. My heart got caught in my throat. A hand slipped into mine. I checked my side and there stood Clay. He held his head high and guided me into the mass of people.
"Keep your head high up. It's one of the things I had to learn the hard way. If you don't act like you own all the power in the room these snakes will suck every piece of it out of you."
He said through his teeth smiling at a governor.

I blinked and faked a smile.
He may rule a kingdom but he's been powerless over his whole life too.
He leaned down and kissed one of the Duke's wife's hand and then complimented her husband without missing a beat.
He sure can act.

That's when I noticed her.
Bright blue frizzed curls floating down her back in waves with the most gorgeous grey eyes anyone has ever seen. She was younger here but still held herself high and mighty.
"I thought only those going on the mission would be here."
I tugged on Clay's hand, not bothering to hide the spite in my voice.

His eyes trialed to her. He smiled at seeing her.
"She might be travelling through. My mother must have invited her."
I watched as his past self practically gawked at her. Her name was and she is the princess that Clay is destined to marry to unite the kingdoms.
"My love you're glaring."
He said dragging me to the other side of the room.

"So she'll be your Queen."
I hissed. It was a statement, still a part of me hoped he would just forget the whole thing. He'd forget his role and flip off the entire world. To say that he would love me.
"She may become the Queen of my kingdom. She'll never have my heart."
He stated gently taking a drink from a waiter.
"That's saved for you and only you my love."

Tch.
Just because she came out of a royal's pussy gives her the right to the man I loved.
"Excuse me."
I downed a drink and made my way around the room. An arm grabbed me and I whipped around to a silver haired man in his twenties.
"We need to talk."
He said. I resisted slightly.
"I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong person."
He spun me around onto the dance floor.
"You think I'd not recognise my Queen?"
Red Assassin?!

"C-Caro?"
I whispered as he guided me through a dance. He flashed an evil grin.
"Of course darling. I managed to slip one of those altering potions out your pockets last time we met so I could see you tonight."
My heart was leaping into my throat.
"Now here's the plan."
He spun me around so we were dancing with my back against his chest. His lips right next to my ear.

"I found the Dragon Slayer. It's already been assembled into the regular cargo. An Axe."
I turned back around.
"Alright. We'll only have a small intersection to get back before Queen Puffy realises that I'm an illegal mage."
"Agreed."
My eyes fell onto Clay. His jaw was clenched and his arms crossed as he leaned onto a pillar.

But I could hear her laugh, like the nightingale of fate.
His emerald eyes pierced into me. I smiled at his silent rage.
Soon you'll never see him again.
My mind blurted suddenly and my smile fell.

"I have a request."
The silver haired man glanced to Clay then back to me.
"He needs to pay. I can not spare him."
"I know."
I bit into my lip. There wasn't any other way I could save him and myself. All I could hope for is that George wasn't dead.
"Please get rid of him where I can not witness it."
He seemed to consider this. He sighed.
"Picky picky picky. Very well."
We ended the dance as he spun me away from him. When my eyes focused again he was gone.
Slippery one.

Clay turned around despite the fact that he could see I was trying to reach him through the crowd. Eventually I squeezed out of the crowd to the empty balcony where he sat, cracking his knuckles and looking onto the night.
"Clay?"
I walked up to him. He grabbed me by my throat and threw me onto the wall in the shadow.

"'Only dance with you' my ass."
He growled already moving his head down to my collar bone. He had pinned me and I...loved it.
"Jealous?"
I teased only for his grip against my throat to tighten. Jolts of pleasure rippling through me.
"Oh no. I'm not worried. But I forgot to do something,"
His lips harshly sunk onto my skin as I felt him suck and bite at it. I had to stop myself from making more than a gasp,
"I forgot to show off what's still mine."

His lips moved from my collar bone to my neck, nipping and biting the skin absolutely making marks. Till I couldn't stand it any longer.
"Clay."
I breathed, his green eyes looking up at me through his fair lashes.
"Please."
He retracted from me and trailed his thumb from the hand around my throat over my lower lip.
"Please what Darling?"
He cooed in his intoxicating voice.
"Please...kiss me."

He rolled his eyes but pulled my head forward and connected our lips. Desire overtook our bodies. My hands trailed his shirt to his hair. He bit my lower lip slightly making me wince. His tongue grazed over the spot and entered my mouth.
"Jump."
He commanded and I immediately obeyed. He easily picked me up as he pressed me up against the wall.
I could definitely feel my effect on him underneath me.
He's the enemy you dumbass!
His tongue played with mine as my mind screamed at me to stop.

The clinking of glasses pulled as apart.
"Shoot."
He whispered as he placed me down. He fixed himself and I did the same. My legs already felt unsteady.
We made our way back inside. Queen Puffy raised her glass.
"I WOULD LIKE TO RAISE A TOAST TO EACH AND EVERY SINGLE GOVERNOR, DUKE AND SOLDIER THAT WILL RISK THEIR LIVES TOMORROW! THIS MISSION WILL BE TO BETTER OUR KINGDOM AND MAYBE EVEN THE WORLD!"

She shouted her speech over the crowd.
"MAY THIS EXPEDITION REWARD US TO LIVE MORTAL LIVES WITH THE POWER OF THE GODS AT OUR FEET!"
"Here here!"
"Cheers!"
"YeeYee!"
The crowd cheered and celebrated. Reality struck me then.

Tomorrow I would have to kill my Deity. Tomorrow I would have to kill my love.

Tomorrow I would have my power.