The Bad Dreams

I tied my hair into braids before grabbing the other pillow carefully away from Dre- from Clay's face. The bed was a single one, I wanted to get two single beds but no rooms were available. I think the hotel owner wanted a bribe or something probably because of the material of our cloaks.
We agreed to sleep on either side of the bed, but now that he's asleep I could just make myself comfortable on the carpet.

A hand grabbed onto my arm and I froze.
Dammit he knows!
He saw me go outside!
He's going to kill me!
Stop panicking you idiot!
No he knows!
One of his emerald eyes opened and glared up at me.
"We agreed to share the bed."
He said,his voice rough from sleep. It made him sound deeper and...

"No no. Clay I can't-"
He yanked on my arm and I fell straight onto the bed.
"Stay on your side Darling. That's a simple task. Unless you think you're too incompetent?"
He smirked as I stiffly laid down. I bit the inside of my cheek.
"Fine. I just don't want your filthy toes touching mine."
I retorted already feeling my heart leaping.

He rolled his eyes and moved so his exposed back faced me. His breathing flexed and inflexed the muscles. The rise of his chest slowed until I knew he had fallen asleep. My hands seemed to act on their own, hovering over his skin.
I could hurt him.
I could love him.
Slowly my eyes closed and sleep took me away.

"Pull your robe straight."
The Chief Maid huffed as she yanked on the cuffs of my new robe. Soft,white fabric with the edging in gold threading. The belt around my waist held the sands of time in two small hourglasses.
"Move along girl. Move!"
She hissed shoving me towards the room.

Dimly lit room with a large circle of sand in the centre. The circle...was surrounded by hooded people in pure white robes. No skin showing and faces hidden. My heart was thudding through my ears. The sense of dread overwhelming me. I willed myself to leave, to try and escape this mess. I could run away over the seas and change who I was. And yet my feet moved forward.

I don't want to remember this.
I don't want to tell this story much less experience it once again.
I knelt down on the one end of the circle with my butt on my heels. My hood was taken off but I knew I should face down. My hourglasses were removed and the sands were combined into the large circle.

A second figure appeared opposite to me, also kneeling in the same position. The green hood was removed to find Clay's blonde head underneath. I was taught to not move. To not make any sound during the process.
"We have gathered here as the heads of the greatest land known to man. We are granted the honour of executing the legend and the destiny of the SMP."

Her voice rose amongst the hooded figures. My breathing fastened, I was terrified.
I don't want to be here!
"To do the impossible. To live a mortal life with the power of the gods."
The figures started to chant. I could faintly hear snippets of the spell.
To bind.
Eternity.
Two souls to one.

The sands started to glow in the deep gold we had never seen before;that's when the pain started. My heart felt as though it was being wrenched from my chest. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. The pain shot through me in waves. I tried desperately not to move but eventually the sands blurred around us and I screamed.
"NOO!"

I jerked up. The dark room moulded into shape around me. I was in the hotel...it was just a dream. I felt something over my chest. It was Clay's arm, wrapped around my waist. His head jolted up.
"Heyyyy Y/N. You're alright."
He whispered pulling me into a hug. He laid us both back down, I listened to his heartbeat to calm down.

"Sleep Darling."
He stroked along my braid and my neck. His chest rose and fell underneath me.
"I'll fight off the bad dreams if they come."