Sheer Moment

I dozed off with a book over my eyes as the afternoon sun bathed on me. I couldn't remember a day that I had been permission to do whatever I wanted. So I had spent the morning in a hot bath,trying one every soap I could find. Mango and Rooibos was my favourite.

I spent time in the gardens thinking about what I should do in this impossible position. It was known among mages that the beginning of magic on our world came with the dragons birth. In the very beginning of time they ruled the skies and blessed species with the gift of magic in different forms. It was a time of peace and prosperity, in which man was young and innocent.

"The people grew greedy."
I listened to my father as he taught the four teenagers. George was half asleep as usual. Clay was sitting next to him and was discreetly drawing a moustache on his sleeping face. Sapnap was taking notes on the lesson while Y/N sat next to him also making notes and sketching a dragon figure.

"This began a war between the two species. Some of the people however joined the dragons sides and due to this they were granted powers and became known as mages. The mages and dragons had extremely strong bonds, nearly defeating man for good. However man's greatest warrior tricked a mage into creating a weapon that could kill even a dragon."
My father sketched an oval shape onto the huge paper in front of the class.

"He slaughtered the dragons numbers without mercy. The mage whom he had tricked did the one thing he could: save one of the oldest dragons and her egg. Her name is Jean and she now lives within another realm known as the End. Her egg is unhatched to this day, only destined to hatch to when a powerful mage accepts to be its guardian."

"The powerful warrior was none other than Clay's grandfather."
Clay snapped his head up, clearly too busy drawing the moustache on George to understand what my father had said. I giggled under my cloak in the corner.
"And so the warrior became King of the SMP, making man the ultimate predator. The mage who he tricked became the Royal Mage as punishment for trying to conserve dragons. It is why magic is banned in the SMP and scolded in every corner of the world."

I was laying on the bed thinking of how I was going to desecrate the very thing my ancestors gave up their freedom for.
Jean.
She was one of the first dragons which gave magic to the world. She was praised by those who possessed magic. I would have to kill her in order to return to my time.

I stared at the small hourglasses laying on the end of my bed. I felt nothing, no pulse or control over them anymore. I would kill the Mother of Magic to selfishly get my power back.

The door to the tower opened and Clay stepped in the room.
"Come on Darling."
He put his hand out. I rolled over, ignoring him and looking out the small window.
"And where have you been all day? Chasing after some princesses or noble ladies?"
I scowled. He sighed. His gloved fingers gently traced my calf all the way to my hip. I felt myself resisting the urge to squirm from the fire he started on my skin.

"I was out getting ingredients."
I frowned.
"For?"
"I recall you stitching my chin up. I never gave you the cookies you required for your service. Shall we? I've asked for pure privacy in the kitchen so we don't need our hoods on. It'll be fun Y/N.~"
He cooed, my hand already in his. I smiled as we rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen. Flour, cinnamon, ginger, sugar.

"Gingerbread cookies?"
He asked, grabbing an apron and tying around himself. His blonde hair tied up as he placed the bowl down. His veins on his arms distracted me as he rolled up his sleeves. I knew I was staring but I couldn't help it. When else would I be given the chance to?
"You going to check me out all day or actually help?"
He teased but I could see the dust of pink in his cheeks.

"Yeah sorry."
I shakily said and reached for an apron. I made my way over to him struggling with the ties. Without needing to ask he moved right behind me. My body tensed up from the feel of his. His hands slowly took the ties of the apron from mine. His breath touched the back of my neck, sending ripples of desire through me. A second later he moved away.
What?
I checked and sure enough he had tied a bow.

We baked trays and trays of ginger cookies. The smell and our laughs filling the room.
"Hey Y/N?"
He said behind me. I dried off my hands and turned around. Next thing I knew flour poured straight into my hair.
"Clay no! Stop stop! AHH!"
I squealed as it continued to pour down on me, his evil laugh in the background.

I wiped the white powder out of my eyes. I spat it out of my mouth. His emerald eyes were filled with tears as he wheezed.
"You're dead Caro."
I growled. He grinned at me.
"Go for it Beloved."
We ran around the kitchen chucking flour at one another. I dodged to the left as he barrelled toward me.

His hands grabbed my waist and I shrieked. He spun us around as we laughed. He placed me down but kept his hands around me. My heart sped up as he gazed down at me.
Stop these foolish feelings.
"What?"
He smiled and shrugged.
"Nothing Darling. Nothing."

Dream POV

She looked up at me with those gorgeous E/C eyes that I could never get enough of.
"What?"
She asked but it was more of a whisper. Her lips were so close to mine.
We were never meant for each other.
I looked down at the necklace I had made her all those years ago. Still dangling from her neck.
"Nothing Darling."
But I'm glad that even for a sheer moment it felt like we were.
"Nothing."