That's My Name

Dream POV

I followed her over the roofs while the moon lighted our path and the street lamps glowed below. A clank sounded behind me so I reached out, grabbed her and hid us behind a chimney. Her face lit up with worry.
"You hear anything?"
A voice echoed through the alley below. My breath hitched, I felt her hand still gripping mine.
"You're delusional again Wodner. I told you those leaves were not medicinal. Come on."

We waited until their footsteps were just an echo. I could feel her pulse through her hand.
"Alright Y/N lead the way."
I whispered. She nodded and silently slinked toward the dim red lights.
The downtown of the West.
Her figure seemed to blend into the shadows.

"I was born to be a weapon!"
She was right of course. We were born with our destinies already written. Written by my grandfather who couldn't have just been complacent ruling like a normal king. Instead he traveled worlds seeking the power of gods. Then my mother was born and he sought to make her into a god. He died on his ultimate journey: To Slay the magical Deity the Ender Dragon.

Music hummed through the walls of the building opposite to us. I crouched next to her.
"This is the place?"
I asked. Y/N never made eye contact with me. It made me feel angry, bitter.
"Yes. She supposedly manages here."
She responded slowly taking her H/C hair out of her bun.

I pulled my eyes away. My heart shouldn't jump at the sight of her. I shouldn't look for her in every room. I shouldn't want to hold her hand or kiss her beautiful lips or-
I shouldn't want it...but I do.

"You both need to find this assassin. I realise that he has a complicated history with you, however, taking out the competition is just how life goes."
Her auburn hair tied up and her lap filled with maps, notes and sketches. I sat my cup of tea down in their small counter. This house was small everywhere. It was the first time I had actually seen the house she grew up in.

"We have no leads."
I retorted still highly uncomfortable with the fact that Y/N had told her mom who we really were. What if she betrayed us? Didn't believe us and thought we were out for the crown?
Her hazel eyes smiled at me.
"Don't worry dear. One thing of being the royal chef is that gossip is quite common. I'll know by the end of the week the address of the person responsible for the child's arrangements."

We made our way into the empty alley. She tossed something to me. A suit.
"W-why must I wear a suit?"
A glittering shine caught my eye. I fixed the tie before I turned to her. My jaw dropped. A black silk dress clung to her curves with glitter seeping from the top of it. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder.
"It's better than wearing this."
She muttered.

Before I knew what I was doing I had her up against the wall ; her lips just inches from mine. Her eyes looked up at mine. My hands trailed her skin exposing her neck. Her head moved obediently as she held her breath.
"I agree. You'd look far better if it was on the floor."
I whispered into her ear. Her breath hitched and her eyes widened.

"D-dream..."
She practically whimpered.
I have to steel myself or else we'll be late.
"Clay. That's my name."
I pulled away just enough to look at the night sky. This woman would be the death of me. I took my hands and placed one on her hip and the other on her chin,tracing her bottom lip.