Chapter 42

Lorelei tried to fix her hair in the mirror. Her skin was flushed and her lipstick was smeared. She tried to look as normal as possible when she left the bathroom.

The smile that was plastered on her face disappeared when she saw Bryan leaning against the wall. His tie was loose around his neck and the top couple of buttons of his shirt were undone. His hair was messy as if he had been running his fingers through it all night. He straightened when he saw Lorelei. His eyes scanned her from head to toe.

"I couldn't find you," he said. "I saw your boyfriend leave the bathroom fixing his shirt and I had a feeling you would be in there too."

Lorelei crossed her arms over her chest.

"So?" she asked. "Jesse is my boyfriend."

"Having sex in the bathroom at your friend's wedding?" he asked. "That's really classy."

"Just as classy as getting drunk?"

Lorelei felt hypocritical. If it was not for Jesse she would probably be tipsy right now. Bryan was drunk though. She could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Why did you never return any of my texts?" he asked.

Lorelei kept eye contact with Bryan. She knew that there was a strong possibility that this was going to happen between them at the wedding. She was not going to back down.

"We would have never worked as a couple," she said.

"Everything was going so well," he said. "What happened?"

Lorelei's mind went blank as she tried to think of how to explain their lackluster night together.

"There was no chemistry," she said.

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"It was the sex, wasn't it?" he asked.

Lorelei sighed.

"It was," she said.

"Give me another shot," he said.

"Excuse me?"

Bryan took a step closer and Lorelei stepped back. He was shaking his head. He held his hand out in front of him.

"Sex for the first time is always awkward," he said. "Give me another shot."

Lorelei thought about her first time with Jesse. It was mindblowing when he tied her hands to the bed with his tie. Bryan did not even manage to give her an orgasm.

"No," she said. "I have a boyfriend."

"A guy you have barely dated," he said. "Come on. I'll blow your mind and you won't need him."

Bryan's words were slurring together. Lorelei's heart pounded and she let out a shaky breath. She needed to get back with Jesse and leave this wedding. She wondered if he was waiting for her at the bar around the corner.

"I said no," she said. "I need to get back."

"Lorelei, wait," he said.

She went to step around Bryan, but he snatched her wrist. She stumbled as he pulled her close. He wrapped his arms around her. He smashed his lips against hers. Her teeth hurt from the impact. She struggled in his hold as his tongue ran across her lips trying to gain access to her mouth.

Bryan was ripped away from Lorelei. Her eyes went wide when she saw Jesse behind them. He was gritting his teeth and was seething. He had a fistful of Bryan's shirt. He balled up his fist and punched Bryan in the face.