Chapter 33

The phone rang twice and then Jesse answered it. Lorelei was speaking before he even had the chance to say hello.

"I'm so sorry," she blurted out.

"What happened last night?" he asked. "I was so worried about you."

Lorelei squeezed her eyes shut as she rubbed her throbbing temple. She was still hidden underneath the blankets. Molly was still in the shower, and she had not heard any of the other girls moving around in the next room.

Did she tell him the truth? Did she tell him that she had to turn off her phone because another man was professing his love to her? She could not see that resulting in anything good, so she decided to lie.

"My phone battery died," she said.

"And you couldn't charge it enough when you got back to the hotel to text me that you were okay?" he asked.

"I was pretty drunk when we got back," she said. "I basically just passed out in bed as soon as we got back."

Jesse sighed.

"I thought I told you not to get too drunk," he said.

"Jesse, you can't dictate what I do," she said. "I am allowed to go out and have fun."

"I am just making sure that you are safe. That's all that matters to me."

"You need to trust me."

"I do trust you. It's the world I don't trust."

The shower turned off and Lorelei pulled the blankets off of her head. Molly dragged her feet into the room. She was wrapped up in a towel and her wet hair clung to her face. She raised a brow when she looked at Lorelei. She crawled into the bed, rolled on her side and stared at Lorelei.

"I have to go," Lorelei said to Jesse.

"How are you feeling this morning?" he asked.

"Rough," she said. "I'll call you later."

They said their goodbyes and Lorelei ended the call. She rolled on her side to face Molly. Molly's eyes were closed. Lorelei thought she had fallen back asleep until she spoke.

"Fighting already?" she asked.

"Jesse is just being overbearing," Lorelei said. "We have only been a couple for a few days and he is already telling me what to do."

"Isn't that what a Dom does?"

Lorelei's chest tightened. This wasn't a regular relationship. They were a couple, but their basis was kink. She assumed that a Sub should do what a Dom wants, but does that include outside of the bedroom? Jesse always made a point of telling her that he will only tell her what to do in bed, but that left her confused. He was not doing what he was saying.

"If it is then maybe this relationship isn't for me," Lorelei said.

Molly opened her eyes. Lorelei's nose and eyes burned as she thought that she was going to cry. She sucked in a slow deep breath to try and push her emotions to the side. She had been so happy since she met Jesse. He seemed perfect, and she knew that it was too good to be true. She was always swept off her feet and looked at men with a perfect filter. That's why she stayed with Matthew for years.

"Just talk to him," Molly said. "I'm sure if you said he was too possessive he would tone it down."

"I'm afraid to tell him about Bryan," Lorelei said. "I don't know how he'll take it. He left me some voicemails."

"Do you still have them?"

"Yeah."

Lorelei played the voicemails for Molly. Molly pinched the bridge of her nose as she shook her head.

"Damn," Molly said.

"I'm going to try my best to avoid him from now on," Lorelei said.

"And how are you going to do that?" Molly asked. "You two have to walk with each other at the wedding."

"Excuse me?"

Molly bit down on her lip as she avoided Lorelei's stare. Lorelei knew that dodging Bryan would be hard at the wedding, but she did not anticipate having to walk down the aisle with him. She thought she was going to be sick at the thought.

"You're the Maid-Of-Honour and he is the Best Man," she said. "You two have to be together."

"Did you not think about this when you set the two of us up?" Lorelei asked.

"I thought you two would hit it off and it would be really cute," she said. "Anthony agreed with me."

"Now I am definitely glad I did not tell Jesse."

---

The girls had slept most of the day to try and fight off their hangovers. Molly was the first to crawl out of bed. She shook Lorelei's shoulder. Lorelei was already awake as she was unable to fall asleep because her mind was heavy with thoughts of Jesse.

"I need food," Molly said. "Let's go."

Lorelei stretched her arms up over her head as she groaned. Molly dragged her feet into the next room, and Lorelei listened as she woke her friends up.

Lorelei had tucked her phone under her pillow. She felt it vibrate a few times and she guessed that it was Jesse texting her. She sat on the edge of the bed and pulled her phone out from underneath her pillow.

Jesse: I'm sorry I was upset with you

Lorelei smiled. Maybe Jesse wasn't as overbearing as she thought. In the years she had dated Matthew, she had never gotten an apology from him.

Lorelei dialled Jesse's number and held the phone to her ear.

"Hey, baby girl," he answered. "How are you feeling?"

She could hear loud sounds in the background. It sounded like some kind of tool. There was a mixture of men's voices in the background, and she realized that he must be at work.

"Better," Lorelei said. "I've been asleep for most of the day."

"I'm glad you called," he said. "I was thinking about last night. Maybe I overreacted. I just worry. I'm sorry."

"Thank you," she said.

Molly walked back into their hotel room. She clasped her hands together.

"Food time," she said. "Get changed."

Lorelei could hear Jesse laugh on the other side of the call.

"I have to go back to work," he said. "Have fun today."

They said their goodbyes and Lorelei ended the call. Molly was standing with her hands on her hips watching Lorelei.

"Everything better now?" Molly asked.

Lorelei nodded. "Let's go."