Chapter 4

Lorelei yawned as she stretched her arms up over her head. She had decided to take an hour nap after her shift, and after she could barely get herself out of bed. Her bones ached and an uncomfortable feeling of nausea sat in her stomach. She always felt sick after a night shift.

Jenna and Katelyn were twirling in their bridesmaids' dresses and giggling. Katrina was posing in front of the mirror as she checked out herself. They all wore dresses that were deep red. Jenna, Katelyn, and Katrina's all matched, and Lorelei as the maid-of-hounor had a different dress in the same colour. Lorelei did not mind because her dress had straps. She did not want to spend all of Molly's wedding terrified of a nipple slip.

Molly was sitting on a chair and analyzing the dresses as she tapped her chin with her finger. Lorelei struggled to keep her heavy eyes open. She prayed that she wouldn't fall asleep on her bus ride home.

"These are even cuter than I remember," Katelyn said.

"I love the colour, Molly," Jenna said.

Molly smiled and sat straighter. Lorelei was amazed that Molly didn't have the same dark circles under her eyes. When Lorelei went home to sleep, Molly went home to do her make-up and hair.

"What do you think, Lorelei?" Molly asked.

"It's good," she said. "I don't think mine needs any alterations."

She hoped that not needing to work with the seamstress meant that she could go home sooner. The dress was a little big around the chest but other than that it fits well. Her hopes disappeared when the seamstress joined them and started to tailor their dresses.

Lorelei thought she was going to pass out before they left the salon. As they were changing back into their street clothes, Jenna suggested that they all go out to lunch. Everyone, including Molly, agreed to go. Lorelei shook her head after she slipped on her shirt.

"I can't," Lorelei said. "I think I am going to die."

"You're overreacting," Molly said. "We pulled all-nighters all the time in university."

"I'm no longer nineteen. My body needs sleep."

"You're twenty-five. Stop acting like an old lady."

Lorelei grabbed her purse and pulled out her phone. She looked at her cellphone to see that the next bus came in three minutes. There was no way that she was going to miss it.

"I've had fun, but I am going home," Lorelei said.

"Are you sure?" Katelyn asked.

"Positive," she said. "I'll see you all later."

Lorelei hurried out of the bridal salon before Molly could complain. She walked as fast as she could to the bus stop. She placed her headphones in her ears as she waited. When the bus came, she got on and was glad to see that only a handful of people were on it. She hated having to stand and try to keep her balance.

She sat down on one of the seats. She tapped her finger to the beat of the music against her knee. She had recently taken an interest in seventies music, and she had ABBA songs on repeat for the past few days. Lorelei pulled her phone out of her pocket so that she could play the song one more time again.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw on her lock screen that she had a message from Jesse. With the stress of her patient nearly dying on her, she had forgotten about the interaction they had. She was embarrassed that she entertained the idea; however, the thought still thrilled her.

With a shaky hand, she opened her phone and clicked on Jesse's message. She dug her teeth into her bottom lip as she read the text.

Jesse: Did I scare you off?

She was surprised that he was following up with her. She wondered if he was just as intrigued by her as she was by him. She was curious about how many matches his unique profile gets in a day.

Lorelei: Not at all. I just got busy with work.

Jesse: And you're still awake?

Lorelei's finger hovered over the screen. She was unsure what she should tell him. She knew that he was only looking for sex and that he would have no interest in the mundane activities of her life.

Lorelei: I am going to bed soon

Jesse: I'd love to join you

Lorelei clutched her phone to her chest. She was afraid that the passengers behind her could see her screen. She peeked at the message one more time before holding it down on her lap. She had no idea how to respond, so she was relieved when the three little dots appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Jesse: Tell me if I ever overstep my boundaries.

Lorelei raised a brow. That was not a message she was expecting. Weren't dominant men supposed to be bold and demanding?

Lorelei: It's okay.

She tucked her phone in her pocket before getting off the bus at her stop. Her legs were heavy as she dragged her feet down the street to her apartment. She waved at the doormen and was relieved to see there was no line for the elevator. Her phone vibrated and she pulled it out of her pocket.

Jesse: So tell me, what would Lorelei like to try?

Lorelei smiled, no longer afraid to show emotion on her face. She did not have to try and hide these messages from strange eyes anymore. The only other set of eyes in the apartment were Oliver and Milo's. Both were currently occupied lounging on the couch.

Lorelei: I'm not sure.

Jesse: You're going to have to give me more than that to work with

Lorelei changed into her pajamas before crawling into bed. She pulled the blankets up as she thought about Jesse's message. She knew that she wouldn't maintain his interest if she remained vague. She squeezed her eyes shut and let her mind think about his profile picture.

She could see herself with her hands tied to the headboard with rope. She pictured herself lying there defenseless as a man had his way with her. She thought about how she would pull against the ropes in pleasure, and how that would burn the soft flesh of her wrists.

Lorelei: I have always wanted to try bondage.

Jesse: Good start. Never done it before?

One night after drinking too much wine, Lorelei suggested Matthew tied her hands with a scarf. He made the knots so loose that she kept pulling herself free. It was one of the first times she realized she had a curiosity for kink.

Lorelei was sure that he did not want to hear about her amateur attempt with a scarf.

Lorelei: Never.

Jesse: You know what I would love to do to you?

Yes, she thought. I would love to.

He did not wait for Lorelei to respond before he sent his message.

Jesse: I would have all four of your limbs restrained to my bed so that I could have easy access to your wet pussy. I'd want to watch you writhe around on the bed while my fingers teased your clit.

Lorelei closed her eyes as the heat pooled between her legs. Jesse had just taken her scarf fantasy and brought it to a whole other level.

Jesse: Would you like that?

Lorelei: I'd love that.

Jesse: Good girl.

Those two words caused her to melt again. When she met him, she could picture herself tied to a bed and hearing those words being whispered into her ear.

She shook her head. She was planning on meeting this guy? Molly had convinced her to download the app last night out of boredom. Molly was the one that told her to match with the profile. He didn't have any pictures of himself on his profile. How could she know if he was even real? Maybe she was being catfished by some horny guy with a fetish.

Lorelei sighed as she rolled onto her side. She set the phone down on her nightstand. Soon after she closed her eyes, her exhausted body fell asleep.