Chapter 30

The Matrixx was much busier than the Alibi. The club was dark and multicoloured lights flashed onto the stage. Male dancers, who were completely nude this time instead of being scantily clothed, were on the stage and gyrating their hips to a pole. A large bar sat on one side of the club, and it was swarmed with women. Molly squealed, grabbed Lorelei's arm, and pulled further into the strip club.

Molly's friends were close behind them. Katrina and Jenna's eyes were wide as they looked at everything surrounding them; meanwhile, Katelyn was staring at the floor.

Molly found a booth in the corner that was open and they all slid in. It was a semicircle and angled to view the stages. Lorelei positioned herself to sit on the end. She assumed that being the soberest one there meant she was in charge of drinks.

"This is so much fun!" Molly yelled over the pounding music. Lorelei was unable to hear her, so Molly leaned in close so that her mouth was to her ear. She could smell the vodka coming off of Molly. "This place is fun!"

Lorelei pulled her phone out of her pocket. She had been waiting around for a message from Jesse and assumed he was with Mateo. She smiled when she saw that she had a text.

It was a short and simple message.

Jesse: Be safe.

Molly and her friends were too busy speaking amongst themselves to notice Lorelei's smile grow.

Lorelei: Thank you. Have fun tonight!

She stared at the screen, watched the three little dots in the corner of the screen bounce, and then her phone vibrated.

Jesse: I'll be thinking about you. Don't get too drunk.

"Phones away," Molly said. "We don't need any boys to ruin our night."

Lorelei slipped her phone into her purse. She turned to look at Molly, whose eyes were following every move of a muscular dancer on stage. Lorelei tapped her shoulder to regain her attention.

"Want anything to drink?" Lorelei asked.

"Something fruity would be nice," Molly said.

Lorelei laughed as she slid out of the booth. She weaved her way through people to make it to the busy bar. She let out a deep breath before forcing her way in between two girls. Resting her elbows against the bar, she looked at the bartender. He was attractive and was wearing what may be considered a shirt to some. Thin pieces of fabric clung to his broad chest. He came toward Lorelei when they made eye contact.

"What can I get you?" he asked.

"I was told to ask for something fruity," Lorelei said.

The bartender grinned before nodding.

"I got it," he said. "Something fruity coming right up."

"And a whiskey sour," she said.

The thought of vodka made Lorelei feel sick since she did too many Kamikaze shots in the Alibi. The bartender nodded as he made the drinks. Lorelei looked at Molly to see she was not watching her. She slid her phone out and snuck a message to Jesse.

Lorelei: I can't make any promises

She attached a winking emoji to the text. She giggled to herself. She was never this forward with anyone, especially someone like Jesse. The alcohol she had already consumed must have given her confidence.

Lorelei tossed a piece of her hair over her shoulder when the bartender brought her the two drinks. Molly's fruity drink was in a tall glass and had multiple cherries sticking out of it. The bartender's eyes locked on Lorelei's neck. Her heart pounded, forgetting that she had Jesse's hickies, and quickly moved her hair back.

She took the drinks and headed back to the table. Molly now sat alone. Jenna, Katelyn, and Katrina were all forcing their way to the bar. Molly's eyes went wide when Lorelei set the fruity cocktail down.

"Cherries!" Molly said. "I love cherries."

"I'm glad you're happy," Lorelei said.

Molly adjusted the tiara on top of her curls. She leaned down and drank from the little plastic straw. She gulped down half of the drink. Lorelei put her hand on Molly's shoulder.

"Slow down," Lorelei said. "You don't want to be vomiting. We just got here."

"I'm just excited," Molly said. She stirred her drink with the straw. "Anthony never lets me have fun anymore."

A group of girls hollered as a man came off of the stage. He crawled on top of one of the women and was thrusting on her. She had the same bridal sash that Molly was wearing.

"All Anthony ever wants to do is play video games," Molly said. "He never wants to go out anymore."

Lorelei had never heard Molly speak badly about Anthony. She had made their relationship look perfect ever since they got together in university. Molly always made him out to be the perfect guy.

"We don't even have sex anymore," Molly said. "We're not even married yet. We shouldn't be having these problems already."

"Molly-" she started.

"Do you think I am making a mistake, Lorelei?"

"Do you love him?"

Molly's groan was inaudible over the blaring music. She took another sip of the drink. She lifted it up to inspect it in the flashing lights.

"I wonder what is in this?" she asked.

"Molly." Lorelei took the glass out of Molly's hand. "Focus."

Molly rolled her eyes.

"Of course I love him," she said. "I'm just frustrated. The wedding is in two weeks and I feel like I am marrying someone different."

Lorelei smiled to try and reassure Molly. She was unsure what to say, especially over the music that was causing her ears to ring.

"You'll see it with Jesse," Molly said. "You're in the sunshine and rainbows phase of your relationship. You'll see a dark side to him."

Lorelei was unsure of what that other side would be. She already knew about Jody being his ex-girlfriend, but she was sure that there were other secrets that he was hiding. She was sure that he was going to do things that annoyed her. The same thing happened with Matthew. She had stars in her eyes until she realized he was always drinking with his friends and never cleaned up after himself.

Molly drank the remainder of her drink before slamming the glass down on the table. She pushed Lorelei out of the booth. Lorelei was careful to not let her drink spill as she stood. Molly grabbed her hand and pulled her to the chairs in front of the stage.

Molly plopped down into one of the chairs with her hands clasped over her mouth as she stared at the man on stage. Lorelei sipped on her drink before setting it down on the small table in between them.

Molly got a burst of courage and hollered at the man as he took off his G-string. Lorelei was glad no one could see her blush in the flashing lights. Molly continued to cheer as Lorelei shook her head and finished her drink.