Chapter 31

Lorelei was adverting her gaze from the stage as the man gyrated his hips. His penis was swinging and she struggled not to laugh at the comical sight. Her eyes went wide when she saw the man extend his arm down off of the stage.

Molly jumped up and squealed before taking the man's hand. He helped pull her up onto the stage, which was a challenge in Molly's tall heels. A remix of a Britney Spears song was playing, and other girls were cheering her on. Lorelei was sure her volleyball friends were celebrating for her.

The dancer held onto Molly's hips and pressed her ass against his cock. Molly threw her head back in a laugh. The veil got caught between her back and his buff chest and it tilted the tiara on her head. Lorelei covered her eyes in horror.

Lorelei's mind went back to the night at The Alibi. She was horrified that Jody was wearing a collar and a leash in the club. Was that very different than Molly grinding on a naked stripper? One was a little more taboo, but they were both sexual acts. Lorelei's stomach flipped as embarrassment washed over her. Maybe she did overreact in The Alibi?

When she looked back at the stage, Molly was motioning for Lorelei to join. Lorelei shook her head. Molly pouted and waved her arm. Lorelei shook her head again before getting up from the seat, hoping to retreat to the back of the room.

She pushed her way through people to the bar. She did not want to get drunk, but she knew that she needed more alcohol to get through the night. She waited at the end of the bar until one of the bartenders, the one who served her earlier, noticed her. He walked over to Lorelei.

"A whiskey sour?" he asked. "Or something fruity?"

"A whiskey sour," she said. She looked over to the stage to see Molly was continuing to dance with the stripper. "Something fruity was for my friend."

She pointed over her shoulder at Molly. The bartender laughed.

"Coming right up," he said.

Lorelei pulled her phone out to see she had four messages.

Jesse: I'm serious. Don't get drunk

Jesse: Be careful

Jesse: Lorelei, answer me

Lorelei rolled her eyes. She liked Jesse's commanding presence, but she was getting annoyed by his overbearingness. She knew that she was going to have to talk to him about it. This was their second day as a couple and he was already being possessive.

Lorelei: I'm okay. I'll be fine. Trust me.

Lorelei was about to tuck her phone back into her bag when she saw the fourth message. She raised a brow when she saw Bryan's name on her screen.

Bryan: Lorle yu need to twxt me

Lorelei assumed that Bryan was drunk by the misspellings in his message. She remembered that Anthony was having his bachelor party this weekend in Muskoka. Bryan was his Best Man, so he must be drunk in the woods with Anthony.

Lorelei: I hope you're having fun in Muskoka

It was an innocent enough text. She had not messaged Bryan back since their lackluster night together. She scrolled through the multiple "hi" and "how are you?" messages he had sent her. Guilt sat heavy in her chest. She had ghosted men before, but they have never tried to pursue her like this. She could not even block the number because she would have to see him at the wedding.

Lorelei was about to put her phone away when it vibrated again. It was another message from Jesse.

Jesse: Tell me when you make it back to the hotel safe.

Lorelei: Will do. Enjoy your time with Mateo.

"Here you go," the bartender said, setting the drink down on the counter.

Lorelei paid before turning around. Molly was no longer on the stage. She looked for a white veil in the crowd, but there were multiple brides-to-be in the club. She spotted Molly sitting back in the seat they originally were in. Lorelei held her drink close to her chest as she made her way back over.

"I can't believe you did that," Lorelei said as she sat down. "You're so drunk."

"It was fun!" she said. Her words were slurring together. "You should have gotten on stage. He is cute!"

Lorelei shook her head as she laughed. She took a sip of her drink. Molly smiled and sat up straighter. Lorelei looked over her shoulder to see the dancer walking toward them. He was still naked. Lorelei looked back over at Molly to see she was smirking.

"Hey, Ladies," he said. "I'm Carlos."

"Hey, Carlos," Molly said.

"It was nice to have you up on that stage, Beautiful," Carlos said. He turned to look at Lorelei and smiled. "And who is this?"

"This is Lorelei," Molly said, she reached out and grabbed her arm. "She's my Maid-of-Honour."

Carlos put his foot up on the small table between them. Lorelei tried to not choke on her drink as the man's penis dangled between their faces. Lorelei was amazed that Molly could maintain eye contact with the man.

"So, where are you girls from?" Carlos asked.

"Toronto," Molly said. "We're up here for the weekend."

"How are you liking it so far?"

"It's our first night and we're having a lot of fun."

Lorelei could not believe that Molly was having a casual conversation with this naked man. She pulled out her phone so that she would have somewhere to look other than Carlos's genitals.

She had another jumbled mess of a text from Bryan.

Bryan: i thkn that i lov yu

Lorelei's chest tightened as she struggled to breathe. Was Bryan really professing his love for her through a drunken text? She read the message over and over, praying that she was misinterpreting it, but what else could it say?

She stood, clutching the phone to her chest. Molly and Carlos looked over at her. She licked her dry lips as her mouth had suddenly grown parched and there was a lump forming in her throat.

"I need some air," she said.

Lorelei rushed out of the club, pushing past girls that stood in her way of the door. She sucked in a deep breath of the night air. She had not realized how drunk she actually was until she felt her head spin. She assumed she must have drank those last two whiskey sours faster than she anticipated.

She was outside with the smokers. A couple of the girls looked at her, but most carried on their conversations with each other. Her phone vibrated in her hands again. She prayed that it was a text from Jesse, but she was wrong.

Bryan: plesae answr me

Lorelei groan as she ran her fingers through her hair. She knew that she had to respond, but what would she say? She had to put him down easy, but her mind was foggy from the alcohol and she knew that whatever she writes would come out wrong. It would be the same incoherent mess as Bryan's texts.

Her phone vibrated and rang. Bryan's name flashed across the screen. Lorelei sighed before she ended the call. She turned her phone completely off so that she could not receive any more calls or texts from Brian.

She turned and headed back into the Matrixxx, completely unaware of the multiple times that Jesse tried to message or call her.