Chapter 12

"Excuse me? You did what?!" Molly said.

Her eyes were wide and a wide smile was on her lips as she practically jumped out of the chair. Lorelei reached across the table and put her hand on Molly's arm. She had told her friend what happened between her and Jesse, and she made sure to include all of the details. Molly was now squealing as she tapped her feet under the table.

"That is so hot," Molly said. "I wish Anthony would do something like that."

Lorelei blushed. Molly was talking so loud that she was sure that everyone else in Roasters could hear them. She held her finger up to her lips and shushed Molly.

"It was fun," Lorelei said. "By the way, thank you for the vanilla body lotion tip."

"I told you," Molly said with a wink. "The vanilla gets them every time."

Lorelei giggled before taking a sip of her iced coffee. Molly tossed one of her dark curls over her shoulder.

"When are you seeing him next?" Molly asked. "You are seeing him again, right?"

"We're seeing each other tonight," Lorelei said.

"Already?"

Lorelei chewed on her lip. She knew that Molly was going to think that she was absolutely crazy for what she was about to tell her. Lorelei never kept secrets from Molly.

"He invited me to hang out with his friends," she said.

"Woah, woah, woah." Molly held out her hands. "His friends get to meet you and I don't get to meet this hunk that has taken you to pleasure town?"

Lorelei rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing, anyways?" Molly asked. "Beers at a sports bar? Bowling? A movie?"

"They are going to The Alibi," Lorelei said.

Molly leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest. Her brows furrowed as her eyes scanned Lorelei. She shook her head.

"The Alibi?" she asked. "Who are you? You have seen this guy twice and you're already a sex fiend?"

"You're the one that wants to get wild at a Montreal strip club," Lorelei said.

"That's my bachelorette party. This is you going out with a bunch of men."

"He said there's going to be women too. Think of this as practice."

Molly pursed her lips as she thought. Her foot continued to tap under the table. Lorelei's stomach fluttered as she took another sip of her drink.

"When do I get to meet him?" Molly asked.

"You're not meeting him," Lorelei said. "Jesse and I don't have that kind of relationship."

"Well, clearly you do if you're meeting his friends tonight."

Lorelei sighed. She spun her coffee in her hand so that the ice cubes crashed together.

"I am happy that you're getting back there, especially after what Matthew had done to you," Molly said. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"It's just sex," Lorelei said. "It's not like feelings are getting involved. The way I see it is that we're going to a strip club. That is just another sex thing."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I won't."

--

Lorelei had no idea what she was supposed to wear to a strip club. She tried on a few outfits and texted a few photos to Molly. Unfortunately, Molly had picked up an overtime shift and was answering Lorelei's messages sporadically.