Chapter 27

Lorelei and Jesse's schedules did not align and they went over a week without seeing each other. They shared many text messages with each other, both clean and dirty, and Jesse called her when he could. Lorelei found herself thinking about Jesse while she was at work or when she could not fall asleep at night.

She was packing for Molly's bachelorette party in Montreal. Their train left at eight o'clock the next morning, and she had yet to pack. Jesse was sitting on her bed next to her bag. She was sorting through clothes, folded them, and then placed them in the bag.

"When are you coming back?" Jesse asked for the third time.

"Sunday evening," Lorelei said. "I'll only be gone for three days."

Jesse nodded. He had not smiled once since watching her pack. Lorelei zipped up the suitcase and set it on the floor. She kneeled on the bed so that she was straddling Jesse, and a smile finally appeared on his lips. She cupped his face with her hands and lightly kissed him.

"Are you going to miss me?" she asked.

"Of course I will," he said.

"You'll just have to have fun with your hand."

She giggled and winked. Jesse sighed and placed his hands on the crook of her elbows. He pulled her hands off of his face. Fear rushed through Lorelei at the thought that she may have insulted him by accident.

"You know it's not just the sex I'm going to miss, right?" Jesse asked.

"What do you mean?" Lorelei asked.

"I am going to miss spending time with you."

Lorelei's heart fluttered and she smiled. Jesse pulled her close and kissed her. It was a sweet and tender kiss that Lorelei was not used to having with Jesse. He did not try to claim and dominate her, but instead, he was gentle. When the kiss broke, Jesse kept his hands on her hips. She placed her hands on his shoulders.

"I have something I have been meaning to ask you," he said.

"What's that?" Lorelei asked.

Jesse cleared his throat before straightening his back. His fingers curled into Lorelei's hips. She cocked her head to the side as she watched him. She had never seen him this nervous before.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend," he said.

Lorelei's eyes went wide.

This is not what she expected. Since she had first seen Jesse's profile, she assumed that their relationship would be only sex. She thought that this would be a dominant and submissive thing that was purely in the bedroom. She knew that she was developing emotions, but she was unsure that Jesse was having feelings.

He must have feelings, Lorelei thought. That's the only reason he would ask to be in a relationship.

Jesse tense as Lorelei hesitated. He broke eye contact with her and looked over at the door. She wondered if he was thinking about running after asking her that question.

"Jesse." Lorelei cupped his face and made him look at her. "I would love to be your girlfriend."

He smiled and tightened his arms around Lorelei. He spun them around so that Lorelei was on her back. Lorelei giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He kissed her again, but this time it was his usual dominating kiss. He kissed up and down her neck and Lorelei giggled. He latched onto the crook of her neck and sucked on her soft skin knowing that he would leave a mark.

"You don't know how happy that makes me," he said.

"Are we still going to be into kink?" she asked.

"Of course," he said. "We can be a couple and still be into kink."

"Like you did with Jody?"

Lorelei bit down on her lip. She did not mean to ask that, but it slipped off her tongue. Jesse closed his eyes and was silent for a moment.

"It won't be like with Jody," he said. "Things will be different this time."

"How so?" she asked.

Jesse took her hand off from around his neck. He brushed his lips across her knuckles as he looked down at her. Lorelei could not stop smiling as she stared at her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend.

She did not think that she would be using those words any time soon. Matthew had shattered her heart and she thought that she would be picking up the pieces for years. Jesse was supposed to be just for fun, but now he was making her happy. Happier than she had been in years.

"I'm going to miss you so much for three days," he said.

"Stay tonight?" she asked. "We're meeting at the train station for seven."

"I'd love to."

Lorelei sighed and pulled her hand away from Jesse.

"I wish you could come," she said. "I'm going to be stuck with Molly's volleyball friends all weekend."

"What does Molly even want to do in Montreal?" Jesse asked.

"Two things: strippers and drinking."

Jesse raised a brow.

"You're going to a strip club?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. "Is that a problem? We went to the Alibi together."

"Yeah," he said. "Together."

Lorelei rolled her eyes. He was her boyfriend for a total of five minutes and she could already see Matthew's characteristics creeping into him.

"You can't tell me what to do," Lorelei said.

"Only in the bedroom," he said with a wink.

He leaned down and kissed her neck. She turned her head to the side to give him more access to her neck and throat. Jesse could see the dark hickey that he had given her earlier on her neck. He latched on above it and sucked on her skin. Lorelei giggled as she pushed him off.

"Did you bring a condom?" she asked.

"I have one in my wallet," he said.

"Good."

Lorelei pushed herself out from under Jesse. She excused herself as she headed for the bathroom. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and gasped. She touched the two large dark marks on her neck. She pressed her fingers into her flesh. She had not had a hickey since high school.

"Jesse!" she shouted.

She listened to him scramble from her room to the bathroom. He was standing in the door frame with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Seriously?" she asked. "Hickies? Not even one. You gave me two!"

Jesse laughed before running his fingers through his hair.

"Something to remember me by when you are in Montreal," he said.

Lorelei wanted to be mad, but she couldn't be mad at Jesse when she watched him smile and that little dimple form in his cheek. She rolled her eyes and laughed along.