h o n e y m e l o n

Firstly, shout out 13RoyaL31 claire_____potter and AlimaBabes Felicitysunflower_19 isca13 because these five bad babes are literally the best when it comes to hyping up my new chapters. Always commenting and voting literally before I can press the "publish" button💅🏾 I love them.

Okay okay, enjoy baby <3

•••••••

Alisha Ras, also known as the principal of mine who I told I'd never get in a fight again, hasn't contacted me perhaps to suspend if not expel me. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Theodore had led me to his car after our long moment of embrace, and even after he pulled away, I had difficulty asking for another moment in his arms.

Maybe if I wasn't high on shyness, I'd have clearly seen him grin at me almost as if he knew his hugs were literally the best thing.

He offered to go fetch my stuff (my bag and my cap) and true to himself, he came back with them. I had expected them to go missing or possibly go to the principal's office, but he managed to get them - whether they were where I put them or not.

He offered to take me to McDonald's and even paid for my meal, and I took up the offer by ordering twice as much as I would.

That's probably why he's watching me suspiciously as I take a huge sip of my drink and lift my half eaten second burger. "Do you eat breakfast?"

I hum. "I had cereal."

"Cereal isn't real breakfast-"

"Not all of us have five course meals for breakfast, Theodore. Cereal is as fancy as it comes. I'm sure you know how expensive milk is. Or maybe you don't?" I take a mouthful of my burger.

The boy sighs and shakes his head, pushing up the frames of his spectacles up his nose and then dips a fry into his ice cream before chewing it.

I slowly place my burger down and clean my fingers with the serviette. "I think I should tell him." He looks at me with an eyebrow up. "Francois. I think I should tell him how I feel. It's the only good thing going on in my life at the moment so I don't want to dwell on it for so long."

"How long have you had your little crush on him?"

"Well over eighteen months. More or less." I nod at his reaction: lips parted with eyebrows touching his hairline, even despite his strands covering his forehead. "You see? I should tell him. I just want to get it off my chest, you know?"

"At this point, if it's what you feel like you must do, then do it." He breathes out softly before getting another small bundle of fries.

I hum in agreement and take a bit of the burger, pausing momentarily before hearing it. A voice, almost like a female's voice calling out a name repeatedly, but slowly. Theodore's name. I first glance around us. Nothing outside normal, life seemingly going as it should. My eyes then wander over to Theodore's with furrowed eyebrows, and his lift in question. My lips part to speak despite my mouth holding food, and I blink.

I'm met with pitch black for as good as a second before I blink again in surprise, now looking at Theodore's concerned look.

"Dia. Are you okay?"

"Did you see that? Did you hear her?"

"Her?"

"A woman. She was calling your name."