n e c t a r i n e

I feel like I have every right to be irritated more than I have the right to be happy that Francois is sitting besides me. The irritation comes in with Samantha deciding she'd sit next to Theodore, or should I say Rogue. Never mind the fact that I'm seated between the two boys, as I should of course, but it's the fact that she chose to sit next to Theo- Rogue. Next to Rogue.

Yeah I know I basically told Theodore he should hang out with Francois and his girl some time ago but this is not how I imagined it. Theodore was so against it, so why is he so okay with it now? And why the hell did he lie about his name? I get that he doesn't want people to know how he actually looks but he took that opportunity of their oblivion and totally used it against them by lying! And on top of that, I don't have control over this so of course I will not be happy with the fact that Samantha is literally eyeing him like he is some candy.

He's my candy!

Besides that, Theodore thought it would be a good idea for us four to sit at our own table. He even went to his parents to inform them that we'd not be sitting with them and for the first time, I actually wanted to sit next to adults than these two. Maybe Samantha is the problem.

Why is she here!

"You know, you really look good tonight." Francois gains my attention right on the left side of me, I quickly erase all sorts of irritation and look at him with eyebrows up. He smiles down at me cheekily and nods. "I never thought I'd see you looking this good. And how come you never said you'd be attending this event with Theodore... or, his cousin?"

"I didn't tell you?" He shakes his head. "Oh, well yeah, Theodore invited me to be his plus one. Also, thanks for the compliment; you look dashing, yourself." He cheekily runs his hand through his hair and I chuckle.

"Thanks. So... Theodore doesn't show up and you decide to hang out with his cousin?"

A very good question, because in real life I'd say his cousin can kiss my butt. Why would I decide to be with his cousin of all people.

I can only nod and send a stiff smile in his direction. Meanwhile, more and more people settle down in their seats as the event is about to actually begin. The lights have even dimmed some more, slowly but surely the chattering reduces.

"How long have you known Rogue?"

"Ahm... you know, not long. Not long." I am good at lying, but about things that I actually know. "For about-"

"We've known each other for a year." Rogue decided to butt in, so we look at him expectantly. He smiles and nods. "Yeah, more or less, but we're really close. I know some of her secrets and she knows some of mine."

I hate the confidence he has in lying. How can these two be so blind and not see that this is literally Theodore in the flesh. How different does he look to not be recognizable? Matter of fact, are they so far up their own asses and school personas that they don't pay attention to people at school? Because what the hell!

Matter of fact I am greatly disappointed in Francois, because he has met Theodore! In the flesh! At school! So how can he not see this is Theodore? The nerd Theodore!

"Oh really?" Samantha, excited because heaven knows why, leans forward towards him and says, "What kind of secrets?" How I dislike the hungry eyes she's giving him, I actually squint at it.

Can she really be doing this in front of Francois?

"Well, for starters," Theodore looks at me on his left side as I look up at him on my right, and he smiles. "Dia, over here, has a crush on Theodore." Now each of us make a sound of surprise- no, mine is pure shock with eyes wide open. He grins and nods, proudly might I add. "Yeah. She's actually obsessed with him, it's not just a little crush. She stalks him, always wants to be around him. She can't get enough of the idea. I have reasons to believe- based on what Theodore told me, I'm not making this up. I have reasons to believe that that is the reason why she is always around him at school. That's also why she's here at this event, because she managed to convince Theodore to invite her."