d a t e f r u i t s

Do I call him, do I not call him.

I should call him, I should, because for the past remaining days of this week it has been eating my life to no extent, and every dying second I think about calling him, my stomach curls with anxiousness.

I don't call him, I shouldn't, because again, every dying second of the past couple of days of this week has been an anxious sort of roller-coast. Fear of him picking up only to end the call afterwards when he hears me has been driving me up the wall and quite frankly, right now I feel like just puking.

I should call him though. I should check on him and his family. I should update him about my life, school, my job. I should be allowed to hear his voice. Maybe cry because I know he's living a good life that many people dream to live, but then I think I should cry because he's living this life with his perfect family that does not include me.

Why did he leave me. Why didn't he come back for me when he knew I turned eighteen. He didn't have a choice then but now, well over eighteen and still I haven't heard a word from him.

Does he miss me? Does he remember me?

Or have I imagined him all my life?

I immediately jump when my phone starts buzzing in my hand. I sigh, answer and place it on my ear, sucking in a deep breath before speaking. "What is it?"

"We're meeting at one. I haven't heard a word from you this morning. I just want to confirm this is still happening." Theodore speaks up so blandly over the line, the background noise must be the sound of a car or perhaps a bus.

"Yeah, yeah, it's still on. I'm just running a bit late but I'll be there." I head to my desk and pick up my bag.

"How late will you be?"

"Like maybe... twenty minutes." Smirking; I head to the mirror and add; "Don't worry baby, you'll see me."

He scoffs over the phone at the pet name, which I am sure he secretly likes. "Whatever. Just call me when you get there. The very same coffee shop we were at a few weeks ago."

Right, because he told me he doesn't want me at his house anymore (because I'm annoying, his words not mine). "Of course." He doesn't even give me a second to add anything extra since he hangs up.

I roll my eyes at his childishness and look back at the mirror. I think I look cute. Sure, I'm only having a mini session with Theodore, going over the research and adding what's needed, but since I am seeing my boyfriend, I know he'd appreciate my looks. Besides, I'm hanging out with the Theodore that seems to have some sort of style compared to the one at school. I'm sure he looks very juicy today, and I am overly excited to be with him looking all juicy as I know he does.

I'm going with a baggy black graphic shirt tucked in a Jean skirt and simple takkies. My bag matches the shoes, cream white, and the headband that adds style - and holds down the wig - on my head matches as well. I can only wonder what Theodore would be wearing since he isn't at school, but I'm hoping we're matching.

I quickly spray some perfume on my neck and then head out after requesting an Uber. Just before I can leave the front door, I hear the clearing of a throat.

My feet falter to a stop, eyes pressed tight for a good split second before I turn around and look at my lovely mother, seated on the lovers seat with her arms crossed over her chest and a leg over the other.

Her eyes pierce mine with an eyebrow up and her lips are pressed to a line - or at-least an attempt of one since she and I have similar full bottom lips. I'm my mothers daughter, I'm afraid.