t a n g e r i n e

Listen, when I say this is a long chapter, your attention span better be good.

Assuming y'all aren't mums but if y'all are, firstly, awkssss and second, happy mum's day💕
•••••••

Theodore Cooper:
- Skipping school?

Theodore Cooper:
- Don't tell me you hung out with Francois today. I noticed he didn't rock to school.
- Samantha was here though.
- Are you okay? You didn't show up today and yesterday, only on Monday.
- You're not answering my calls.
- I thought to go ask your friends if they've heard anything from you. But you said you're having a fall out so that would be weird, wouldn't it?
- Plus it would be strange just randomly asking them of all people.

Theodore Cooper:
- We have rehearsal today, we're up tomorrow. Are you going to come to school? The group is getting a bit anxious since they haven't seen you all week.
- I hope you're okay.
- Today was quiet. Without you, I mean. No one to bother me :/

Theodore Cooper:
- Good morning. You may be avoiding me for whatever reason, and if I did something, I'm really sorry. I'd wish you would communicate with me rather than avoid me completely.
- Anyway... we have a presentation today so I'm a bit worried you won't show up. The group decided Palesa would take your part if you end up not coming to school today.
- You're not dead, are you?
- I hope not.

I sigh and press the lock screen button, only now presented with my reflection. I lick my lips before glancing at my reflection in this bathroom mirror. I look fine. The bruising around my left eye has gone down drastically, the split cut right in the middle of my bottom lip has healed- or at least, is healing quite nicely but I know I'll forever have some sort of scar. The bruise left a rather darker shade around and under my eye but nothing foundation or maybe concealer can't fix.

But then again, maybe this time I don't want to fix it. Maybe this time I don't want to be silent.

I place my phone on the closed bathroom seat and adjust the black bob wig I am wearing.

She won't have my part. She has her long section to say already, so I won't give her that satisfaction of saying my part of the presentation as well. I'll just show up to school, keep my head high and do what I have to do. I don't plan on staying in the uni building longer than I need to.

I'm going to get some ice cream afterwards, or maybe go to the cinema and watch a movie. After all my pay day has passed and Mindy has sent me a colourful amount of money. I could blow it all today, or just spoil myself because after all, that's what I deserve after this week.

Oh, Monday. I thought cramps were the worst of my day, but I did not expect to be beaten to a pulp by the lovely lady who gave birth to me. All because of what my lovely friends told her, of which half weren't even true. But who would she listen to more? Who would she believe? Her daughter who has nothing but hatred for her, or two girls she wished were her daughters?

Her words, anyways.

I Vaseline my lips before grabbing my stuff and heading to my bedroom. I glance at my length mirror, nodding at my hoodie and sweatpants outfit before grabbing my bag. The bruises on my arms are surely faded if not completely gone, but the dull ache on the left side of my rib still feels uncomfortable if I put pressure on it. Or touch it, matter of fact. I shove my phone in the bag and then head to my closet, then grabbing a black baseball cap and putting that on top.

When everything is sorted, I head downstairs and to my dad's car. I sent him a message earlier that I'd be going to school and I'd see him in the car. Didn't feel like telling him face to face since I'd have to see my mother too, in their room.