a v o c a d o

When the host of the night dismissed us to a short bathroom and food break, I made sure to bolt myself to the restrooms. No, I didn't know where they were but I followed the ladies to a room that pretty much was the restroom. I peed, washed my hands and avoided conversing with any of the females there.

Simply because I didn't want to, mostly because I'd never see them again.

After exiting and narrowly ditching Samantha who happened to be in the growing line for the restroom, I head towards what looks like the food section. A growing line catches my gaze, but before I can complain about standing to get food, I notice both Theodore and Francois in the line. That leaves me to contemplate on whether I'm really hungry and if I can starve the night until I get home; I don't want to interact with either one of them. Not now at least. I think I can stave for now.

There might not be food at home, but I can hope papa would convince my mother to leave me a plate. I even think of calling him but my phone is in my bag, in the car Theodore brought us with.

With a small sigh, I turn around and head to the mini corner where the drinks are being distributed. There's a cute boy there along with two different girls who I presume are waiters who slide drinks over to the old people, so I wait my turn until I am at the front.

"Hi," I dismissively wave at the boy since he glances at me. "Is there anything alcoholic?"

"Because it's a formal event, anything alcoholic is forbidden. Sorry." The boy grins at me a bit too much for my liking. "I can mix you up with something good, though?"

"Can it be a bit strong?"

"Not exactly. But I think you'll still like it." The wink he sends me has me smiling. No I don't feel like jumping him but I mean... a sneaky link doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

"Okay. Sure." I smile.

The wait is not a long one; as quick as I would have hoped, the drink is slid towards me on a napkin. It's orange in colour - and I literally think this boy just served me orange juice - but at the bottom, a purple colour lingers there which makes me think otherwise. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to mix this drink with the provided straw or just drink as is.

I drink as is.

A small hum escapes me when I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. I can't exactly pinpoint what drink it is or the flavour it holds, but it's quite nice. "It's not bad."

"Well then, I hope you enjoy it. See you around." He winks at me once again before attending to more of the waiting customers.

I take my drink with me towards the table we were seated at and notice Francois seated, slowly chewing on his food with his eyes mindlessly gazing about. I pull his attention when I settle down beside him, to which he smiles at. My drink is placed down beside this plate of food. He literally served me like he was serving a baby.

One piece of chicken with a buttered bun and salad. A few fries alongside as if for decoration. This is different compared to his since he actually stuffed his plate.

"I hope you don't mind the food. They have various things but I wasn't sure what to get you." He gestures at his plate before picking up a fry.

I will not complain. I agreed to starve; this is better than starving. "Thank you. I'm not that hungry, actually, so this is fine."

Various foods and he's serving me like he is the one paying and he doesn't want to pay a lot. Weird.

"What do you think of the event so far?"

"It's very... formal." I pick up this lettuce on my plate and chew on it. "Not what I'm used to but I guess it's kind of interesting. Agriculture and all of that. Kinda cool."