40: 212

hisano

it's been days since i last saw laundry boy.

i wonder what he's doing.

for us, there's always a next time. so i try my best to not worry.

but i'm feeling lonely all over again.

i've felt this way before, i felt this way for about my whole life before i met laundry boy.

so why was i acting as if i've never felt like this before?

maybe i got too used to hanging out with him everyday, used to spending every minute of the day with another person.

but the week before that, he also ignored me.

i feel really attached to him.

it's not good for me...

maybe we should take breaks every now and then.

these thoughts were running through my head as i was walking down the hallways. i wasn't going anywhere, my legs were just moving on their own.

actually, i probably decided to look for him during school.

i heard chatter from around the corner. the only reason i eavesdropped was because they mentioned a familiar name.

"jungwon is suicidal, you know." one said

i slowed down my steps and leaned against the wall quietly in hopes of them not noticing me.

"i know, but i didn't think the day would come when he'd actually do it." the other girl replied, whispering the last part.

my eyes widened, there's no way...

he wouldn't do that.

he wouldn't do that to me.

he wouldn't do that to us.

i felt myself reaching my limit, but i still tried my best to keep quiet.

but the last time i heard 'rumours', they ended up being true.

when aeri brought up jungwon's mother dying, i didn't believe her, but it was true.

if i try believing the rumours, then maybe they'll end up being false?

no, stop being stupid. it doesn't magically work that way...

they continued talking really poorly about him, calling him emotionless and a robot as well.

these gossips went on, and i listened until i couldn't take it anymore,

"he's been absent for so long. honestly, i won't be surprised if there's a death ceremony for him at schoo-"

"don't say that!" i yelled, stepping out of my hiding spot and facing the two.

they were both girls, they looked startled.

"w-who are you?" one of them asked.

"that's none of your business. how can you say that with such a straight face? do you guys have any feelings?" my voice got louder the angrier i got. it hurt me knowing people talked about him like that.

"we're just wondering why he hasn't come. do you think you're a good person too? sticking up for someone who probably doesn't even care?"

i balled my hands into fists. are you kidding me? why couldn't they just apologize?

"w..what are you talking about? is it that hard to keep someone's name out of your mouth?" i scoffed, taking a step closer to them, "are your lives that boring that you have to talk so cruelly about someone else? how pathetic."