23: his favourite

she turned to the side, and to her surprise, it was jungwon.

this moment felt really familiar...

the girl nodded desperately, "yes please."

he pulled coins out of his pocket, a bunch. he then dropped it onto her palm. she counted them and then flashed him a smile as a thank you before pressing onto the buttons of the vending machine.

"i'll get a drink for you as well since you gave me a lot." she told him in advanced, he just leaned his side onto the vending machine as he watched her.

her eyes were kept on the snacks as they dropped down.

"you just began looking for me now?" he asked.

she felt shivers down her spine, as if he was watching her every move.

"h-how did ya know?" she laughed awkwardly, bending down to get her snacks.

"just guessed." he lied. actually, he watched her being all cooped up in her class room for the past week. but it wasn't like he was spying on her the whole time.

he was just 'checking up' on her whenever he passed by.

"anyway!" she began, "i was actually going to search for you at the rooftop but since you're already here, i'll just ask you now-"

"ask me at the rooftop." he said, parting away from the vending machine that he was leaning on before making his way up, leaving her behind.

she grabbed her snack and drink tightly before quickly jogging after him, "wait for me!!" she whined.

they made it to the rooftop; they then sat down against the wall.

near jungwon, it felt like he had some cold energy around him. he seemed a bit gloomier than usual even if he was acting natural.

she sighed heavily, "i was going to ask for my journal back." she said, holding her hand out flatly.

he pretended to check his pockets, "oops, i think i lost it."

she began to glare at him, "stop lying." she looked down and grabbed her candy, opening it before popping it into her mouth, "have you even read what i wrote yet..?" she asked.

"nah, i forgot."

she let out a small sigh before staring off into the distance, "rude." she muttered.

it was a bit silent. jungwon kept fiddling with the drawstrings of his hoodie that he wore under his blazer.

she got bored, so she began to open her mouth slightly while playing with the hard candy in her mouth. she moved it around her mouth with her tongue as if it was a little game.

it made annoying noises whenever it hit her teeth, she wouldn't stop and jungwon began to get annoyed.

"stop doing that." he warned her.

she smirked, "stop what? this?" she faced him and annoyed him even more, continuing to make the annoying noises.

he sneered and grabbed her face, her cheeks were being squished with only one of his hands. he was going to take it out with his fingers.