13: friend rule

hisano was sitting at her desk, dying of boredom. she had no where else to go for lunch, no one to spend it with.

a lollipop stayed in her mouth on one side of her cheek while she swayed her legs back and forth. the left side of her face layed on the desk as she observed the clock ticking.

hisano wasn't a very smart girl. even though she saw him a few days ago while he was wearing the same uniform as her, she just assumed it was from a different school. maybe it was because he didn't wear his blazer.

before she could sit up, there was already someone in front of her.

"hey, you." they said. hisano looked up and fixed her hair quickly before replying.

"mm- yeah?" she took out her lollipop, a string of saliva stretching before it broke off. (so sry)

the other smirked, it was a pretty girl. her friend was next to her. hisa couldn't tell if they were in her class or not.

"i've seen you hang around... that guy." the girl smirked, "you know, the one who's mom died." she whispered the last part

hisano's eyes widened, "who are you talking about?"

"you know who i'm talking about. i saw you two playing a game of tag a few days ago when i was in my family's shop." she snickered.

"his mother didn't die!" hisano argued, assuming the girls were making up rumours. "where'd you hear that??"

in all honesty, she would rather hear it from him directly but, she was too curious at this point.

especially since it was on a topic that she'd probably never hear out of him.

"it doesn't really matter, it happened before summer. you can believe me or not." she sassed,

she crossed her arms, trying to appear serious, "anyway, i just wanna ask you something."

hisano pouted slightly, nervous. "what?" she popped the lollipop back in her mouth.

"how'd you get him to talk?"

~~

jungwon was walking in the halls, he left his class to go to the "bathroom"

the bells rung not too long after, safe to say he got an early dismissal to lunch.

truth is, the past few days, jungwon's been secretly watching hisano.

he knew her classroom and where she'd usually spend her lunch, which was outside or in the cafeteria all by herself.

but this time, he couldn't find her.

he always stuck by the wall when walking, he never landed his eyes on anyone. not even once.

"hey, excuse me!" a lower grade called out to him, "do you know where..."

before the student could finish their sentence, jungwon just continued walking as if he couldn't hear or see his surroundings.

"jeez" the other student muttered.

as he was walking in the halls, he heard a familiar voice. he slowed down his steps and peaked through the door and windows of the classroom, it was hisano's classroom.

there she is, he said in his head.

he saw her. she was surrounded by two girls as she sat on her desk. her hair was messy and there was a lollipop in her mouth.

is she not going to her usual spot today?

she looked like she was being interrogated by them. suddenly, she furrowed her eyebrows and stood up,
"i seriously think you're mistaking him for a different person." she said before heading to the door.