14: babied

jungwon waited at a lunch table patiently, the cafeteria was very crowded. that's part of the reason why he rarely went in here.

he watched her, the way she ordered and pointed at things. she'd nod her head like a puppy when the lunch lady's would offer her something.

"holy shit." the voice of a playful boy appeared.

jungwon kept his attention on hisano, he ignored the familiar voice and just assumed they weren't talking to him.

"jungwon?" they said, causing jungwon to turn his head swiftly at them. his eyes widened when he realized who it was.

"holy, it is you." said the black haired boy with his mouth agape. jungwon looked at niki, surprised at how different he looked since the last time he saw him.

jungwon nodded and avoided to look at him in the face, hoping he would leave him alone.

it's been a while since he talked to his 'friends'. well, not friends anymore in his opinion.

"what happened to you? you ghosted us all summer." niki asked in a worried tone.

nobody really knew about his mother's death, other than his old neighbours who were present when the accident occurred. so it makes sense why his friends are worried.

the students who knew might've already started gossiping about it, he didn't know that though.

"i've just been busy." jungwon replied, his attention was still where hisano was so that he wouldn't have to think of the tragedy all over again.

the girl was holding a tray in the line, balancing it carefully. she got her usual strawberry cream filled bread. for some reason, she always took two for herself.

"mm, well. you should call us up sometime. we've missed you dude." niki said, patting his shoulder in a friendly manner.

there was milk mustache above his upper lip, if jungwon weren't the way he was now, he probably would've laughed at him, "uh.. i'll think about it..." jungwon replied

he left jungwon soon enough and jungwon shut his eyes while rubbing them gently, "what the hell." he muttered.

maybe it was the fact that he hadn't looked at anyone's face in a long time.

but he never avoided looking at hisano.

jungwon had never payed attention to others, keeping his eyes elsewhere after what happened. he also just got used to flat out ignoring others.

when he looked back at hisano, who was walking back to their table, his eyes widened.

so many people were walking around, chatting. everyone had the same uniforms on, some had blazers on and some didn't, some wore long sleeves and some wore short-sleeved button ups.

others wouldn't be able to spot her, her hair is the same color as every other student. her uniform was exactly the same as everyone else's.

the black and grey mismatched socks, her wrinkly white button-up that wasn't even tucked into her skirt all the way, why would anyone pay attention to her?

he asked himself this, but to him, that's the only person he could see. amongst a whole crowd, he'd spot her in a second.

she was just a regular girl. he thought

except she smiled a lot, a smile from her and he immediately felt better.

jungwon promised himself, never to believe in all those unrealistic things like fate.

but even so, he couldn't help but to think that the universe sent her to him just at the right moment.

it didn't matter if it was at a dumb place. yeah, meeting at a laundromat sounds boring,

but they met each other like they were meant to meet. she would sometimes say things that he needed to hear.

like, "i'll save you." and she wasn't lying, she surely was saving him even if she didn't realize it.

and there was no way it could be a coincidence that they kept bumping into one another.

even if he didn't want her to get to know him, he felt himself slowly giving in. maybe he had no other choice.

maybe this was the universe's plan for him.

"laundry boyyy. are you listening?" hisano waved a hand in front of his face.

he snapped out of his thoughts, "oh sorry. i was zoning out."

"i could tell." she smiled as she placed the tray down, "as i was saying, i got you chicken... they didn't have soup, and i remembered your face when you ate the chicken i gave you that day." she giggled.

she slowly slid the tray towards him, she even took the fork out of it's plastic packaging knowing that he could do it himself.

then she went for the two pastries she bought for herself, she stuffed one down in a millisecond.

he was taken aback, the chicken he just stabbed with his fork plopped back onto the tray.

the girl spoke with a mouthful, "don't wait, hurry and eat." she said, "i've noticed that you're a slow eater."

"you're a very fast one." he replied.

she covered her mouth so he wouldn't have to see her messily eat her food. but, hisano didn't get too embarrassed with things.

because she hadn't experience the feeling of being judged directly, she hadn't known the dark side of friendship's. where they'd point out things about you without even thinking it would hurt your feelings.

all she believed was that friends were the best thing you could have. and being friends with jungwon stayed up to her beliefs.

jungwon swallowed the food that was in his mouth before speaking, "why do you like those so much?" he pointed at the one pastry left on the table.

"they are so good, want to try it?" she began to open the plastic.

he pressed his lips together, watching her open the snack. although he was tempted to try it, he just said "it's fine."

"i'll feed you." the girl smirked while waving the bread around like a paper airplane.

giving in once again, he shyly leaned in and opened his mouth. she put it towards his face and he took a bite

"wow, i didn't know you liked being babied so much." she grinned playfully.

he didn't realize it either. maybe he lacked the attention when he was younger.

"i think i'm starting to learn more about you." she said

♡ bold heart ♡

bold heart

♡ unbolded heart ♡

guys... i think there'll be many
"i'll save you's" LOLLL

umm... how long have u guys
been reading fanfics?

i only started in the summer but i made my first
acc abt 5 yrs ago. i was reallyyyy young lol