34: let go

(thought of NDA by billie eilish)

they arrived to his apartment complex, they stood at a parking lot while she waved him off.

"bye." hisano waved, watching him beginning to walk away.

"bye.." he turned and waved back.

as she went the opposite direction to head home, she felt a feeling of unease. brushing it off anyway was probably the best idea, so she continued to slowly walk away.

that's when she heard talking, it was quiet just a minute ago.

it was coming from where jungwon was.

she quickly turned around and saw two figures next to a black car. she squinted and realized it was a taller man and jungwon. the man held jungwon's arm with a tight grip.

she quietly gasped, "no." she murmured, running towards them.

the man began to raise his voice and so did jungwon. she ran as fast as she could to save him.

"j-jungwon!" she stammered, out of breath.

the two turned their heads at her, jungwon's eyes widened before looking back at his dad.

jungwon yanked his arm away from his father's grip before turning to hisano, who came just in time.

"who the hell are you?" jungwon's dad asked.

jungwon gritted his teeth in annoyance. he could tell hisano was about to get angry.

"w-who are you?! why would you grab him like that?" she raised her voice, quickly grabbing jungwon's arm and checking it.

the man scoffed, "you should mind your own business, if you're really worried about this brat, then leave."

hisano turned her head slowly and glared at him, "don't call him that." she warned him.

"i'm asking you one more time, leave us alone. i'm his father!" he began to yell, "don't tell me you think this boy actually cares about you."

hisano's heart dropped before she stomped on the man's shoe, causing him to wince and curse loudly.

all of a sudden, the man stared her dead in the eye before raising his hand and swinging it, slapping her across the face.

she stumbled onto the floor and immediately held the reddened cheek, it stung a lot. jungwon was shocked, and angry at the sight he was seeing.

he turned to his dad and balled his fist, ready to punch him. suddenly, a sharp pain stabbed his chest, right in the heart. it was worse than before.

he grunted in pain, gripping his shirt. he looked up at his dad with hatred filled in his eyes.

he wanted to punch him, he really did.

but he couldn't.

a hand wrapped around his wrist. he looked to the side and saw hisano who already stood up. her eyes were watery but she was still smiling to show that she was 'okay'. her other hand held her cheek.

"let's run." she mouthed before pulling him.

they ran away, farther away from his place.

they ended up in front of the laundromat. it's been a while.

he panted, out of breath before dropping to the floor.

"jungwon?" she bent down to help him.

"you shouldn't have done that." he said, taking deep breaths.