05: loss

"oh, it's you again." i said. my mood wasn't great, but i should've at least pretended to be kind.

putting my clothes in hurriedly as if i was in a rush, i poured in the detergent. then i shut the lid of the machine a bit fiercely. i sat at my same spot and glared at him from across the room.

he looked at me as well, no emotion as usual.

"what." i asked as if i was picking a fight.

"why do you look like that?" he asked.

"like what?"

"like... angry."

i scoffed, "i'm starting school. and i got my uniform dirty, so now i'm here." i put on a fake smile, "what about you? are you starting school too?"

he just stayed silent and didn't respond,

"right." i said.

"It's not like you'll tell me anyway."

all he did was sigh and walk towards me, he sat down on the chair that was on the opposite side of the small table.

his chin went down and rested on the backside of his hand while he stared at my gloomy expression. I just raised a brow.

"hisano."

my heart skipped when he said my name.

"can i show you something?" he asked.

his hand slowly crept closer to mine, when he got a hold of it, he stood up.

i stood up as well while he dragged me outside. he brought me to the side of the laundromat. there were stairs attached to the wall.

"um, where are we going?" i asked nervously.

he held my hand tighter, "just follow me."

he went up the stairs and i followed,

what if people catch us?

there was a part you had to climb up onto. laundry boy did it first, he climbed up and ended up on the roof of the laundromat.

he held out his hand for me,

"i'll hold you tightly, trust me hisano."

i took his hand, this wasn't a good idea at all. what if he dropped me? i looked down suddenly and i began to get scared from how high up we were, "laundry boy... i can't-"

"don't look down, grab my other hand."

i did as i was told and he lifted me until i could climb the rest, we made it and we laid on the cold floor while panting out of breath.

"you're heavy hisano." he commented

"shut up."

when we caught our breath, we stood up and walked to the edge. i climbed up onto the ledge and looked down. i saw how far down it was, well, it wasn't too far down but it'd definitely kill you.

my feet went closer and closer to the edge. it made me feel pretty brave, i was going to show him.

this reminded me a lot of this one guy i saw in the summer.  he was standing on the ledge of a bridge and he didn't have fear in his eyes when he looked down. i told him not to jump, even though i stood on that same ledge as him.

"i remember this one guy standing near the edge." i said, lifting one leg up dangerously, "he was doing something like this-"

that's when i felt an arm wrap around my stomach, pulling me back harshly until we both fell back on the floor.

"ouch." I winced.

he looked at me angrily, "what the fuck are you doing??"

my eyes widened, "r-relax... i was just-"

"don't tell me to relax. what if you fell?" he put his hand to his forehead in frustration.

"you're the one who brought me here, plus, it's not like it would matter to you if i died or not. at the end of the day, you're losing nothing." i scoffed.

the boy just looked at me in disbelief. what went through me? was i being too cold?

he hesitated, "you wouldn't know a thing about loss."

as he stood up, i stared at him taking a step onto the ledge before he slowly inched closer.

his head turned to me, "you wanna know?" he glared.

laundry boy was quite talkative today. i guess we both acted differently compared to when we first met. this time, we were a lot meaner to each other...

"what are you talking about?" i asked nervously.

he took another step, "do you wanna know what loss feels like?" he asked again with a serious tone. "because i can show you if you'd like."

i didn't want to believe him, he was just fooling around and trying to make me feel bad.

the more he took a step, the more anxious i got.

he wouldn't do it.

but then, he was only one more step to falling.

i stood up hastily, "w-wait!"

turning around to face me, a smirk curved onto his lips, "what? are you scared now?" he taunted

i stayed silent

what a jerk.

"at the end of the day, you're losing nothing." he repeated my words.

and thats when he let himself fall back freely.

the end

LOL jk

also......... whats ur fav trope