8- Jesus Johnny

Stevie had been avoiding everyone but alcohol and she was more than drunk. The keg had become her best friend. Her lips still burnt from the contact with Rafe and it made her feel sick. She was so drunk that she barely even noticed the fight start.

JJ was messing with Sarah which pissed Topper off who pissed John B off. Add some testosterone and a fight was inevitable. The loud punch that Topper delivered brought her attention to her brother who was down on the ground whilst Topper was taunting him. Stevie hobbled over too drunk to walk straight and the colour drained from her face when she saw her brother close to drowning.

"Hey John B don't make me drown you like your old man, right?" Topper joked making Stevie see red. How dare he. She didn't care how drunk she was she started to run toward the fight thinking she could help her brother. However, she ran on the spot. Arms wrapped around her waist like vines on a wall stopping her from stupidly getting involved.

"Evie you're drunk" JJ pulled her back from the fight.

"He's gonna hurt him," Stevie whined feeling dizzy from her binge on alcohol.

"It's John B." JJ smiled, "He's a beast, he'll be fine"

She hated to admit he was right. John B always walked on thin ice but it never cracked under him. He was like the luckiest person ever. The same went for Stevie, the twins were blessed with luck. They seemed to be able to get out of any situation.

JJ was still holding her keeping her from falling over, he felt like it was his duty to make sure she was okay. He took her away from the huddle and sat her next to a tree knowing that she was tired and drunk and probably didn't want the loud noises of people yelling. Her eyelids grew heavy and she slumped against the tree, curling into sleep. He smiled at her.

Whenever he saw her like this he felt bad for making her hate him. Without the arguing and dirty looks, they would have got on well.

Hands jolted her awake however she was not on the beach as she expected she was wrapped up in her duvet on her bed in her house in an old t-shirt she had stolen from John b. Perplexed as to how she got home, Stevie sat up in her bed seeing John B standing at the end of her bed with a deep plum coloured eye.

"Jesus Johnny" Stevie sighed as she stood up. "Do you have to get into fights all the time?" she complained as he moved closer lightly brushing his eye with her hand to see how bad it was.

"It was kind of JJ's fault" John B tried to reason as it was him that was purposely getting on Sarah's nerves.

"That doesn't make it any better" she didn't hate the fighting so much because the Kooks got on her nerves and they deserved it, it was the getting injured that always made her feel guilty, especially John B. They never used to get into this many fights until their dad left. And whenever he got injured Stevie felt like it was her fault for not looking after him. John B felt the same when it was Stevie. They only had each other. "Oh, also thanks for carrying me in. I can't believe a fell asleep on the beach" she chuckled.

"Oh, it wasn't me" John b scrunched his face. "Pope had to help me get home"

"Kie was able to pick me up and carry me?" she asked sounding sceptical.

"No, it was JJ"

"JJ?" Stevie had never been more confused. She couldn't remember that he took her to the tree in the first place. She also realised she was not in the same clothes as she was at the party. "Did he change me too?" she asked. She wasn't mad, in fact, it was kinda nice. But it came from JJ. JJ, the one who hated her.

"I don't know, ask him yourself," John B shrugged as he headed for the door to her room, "Peterkin is here," immediately the colour ran from her cheeks.