Chapter 29

A/N: Sorry about the confusion. Nahalo ko pala ang POV ni Iris (I am currently writing her POV offline). Sorry na! Haha 

Dedicated to: Mary Jane Peliazar

Chapter 29: First Attack

Howl's the last person that I'd give any trust to because of his endless decisive acts. But right after I've witnessed his pain and vulnerability, I suddenly felt like I could still give him a chance.

Maybe it's not really just our mission, maybe we're really destined to be with Howl in this mission. And I hate to admit that he has the upper hand in this journey.

I could picture how the hiding enemy inside this ruin could see us as of the moment, with Howl confidently facing the stoned throne, with head held up high, shoulder-length raven hair, swaying with its long earring and coat gently draped on his shoulders, and one hand on his waist. Tavion on his side with his glinting silver-grayish hair, arms crossed while lazily tapping his left toes on the floor, while on his other side was another silver-haired vampire, arms crossed as well, head slightly tilted, with his narrowed eyes, trying to analyze the stone in front of us, and lastly, in both ends, Iris and I with our straightened body, ready and alert to anything that might happen.

My pixies were now happily flying happily from different directions with their silver dust as they excitedly peeked at the three handsome faces around them. They suddenly forgot who their master was as they comfortably picked Howl's right and left shoulders.

Naunang tumalikod si Howl sa batong nasa harapan namin at hinarap niya kaming apat.

Magic doesn't have the ability to heal someone's heart or even make it forget. Kaya hinahangaan ko si Howl sa mga oras na ito. You couldn't just recover from heartache just by crying for an hour.

"We're currently in the magic circle," panimula niya.

Tumango ako.

"And I just realized that this ruin and its myth are all farce. Ginamit lang ng mga matataas na Attero ang paniniwalang iyon upang walang may magtangkang pumasok dito," he said with a shrug. "But there's still a possibility that we could see monsters here."

"Someone is watching us," dagdag ni Iris.

"Really?" sabay na tanong nina Tavion at Caleb.

"Didn't you notice it?" tanong ko.

"Alright, children, listen," inangat ni Howl ang kamay niya para maagaw ang atensyon naming apat. "We need to find it."

Itinuro ni Caleb ang bato nasa unahan namin. "How about that one? Hindi kaya may hinihintay iyang bagay mula sa labas?"

"Would this magical place give us the answer that we need this easy? This stone might be a trick," tamad itinuro ni Howl ang bato sa likuran niya.

"But what bothers me is their hesitation to come inside. Kung alam nilang hindi naman pala totoo ang pinaniniwalaan ng lahat, bakit hindi sila makapasok?" tanong ko.

"Good question! Anything else?" tanong ni Howl habang gumagala ang kanyang mga mata sa amin.

"There's a possibility that the lower ranks do not have any idea about the reality of this ruin. I think we're still safe until those lowly guardians try to hide their foolishness. We're doomed when the higher authority discovered that we're inside," ilang beses akong napatango sa sinabi ni Tavion.

"Uh-huh? Aren't they aware already?" itinuro ni Caleb si Howl. "Hindi ba't may humahabol na sa 'yo nang bigla kang nagpakita?"

Howl casually shrugged his shoulders. "Yes. We're doomed. It would just take a few hours before the entire battalion of Itara Thenon ambushed us here."