Chapter 46

This chapter is dedicated to you: @makrazala. This is quite longer na compared with the previous chapter. Wish granted :P

Chapter 46: Gray eyes

The rope on my right hand disappeared the moment I landed my feet on the second stone. I heard the rasping of my leather boots against the small bits of dust beneath it.

When the magical wind blew, I gently combed the strands of my hair that hindered my eyes to see the portals in front of me. I could see thin steam floating like curtains, the bubbling sound of magma flowing like falls was whispering, and the grumbling sound of the sinking stoned pillars was like nightmares that were pulling you to die.

I stood straightly there as my eyes veered at the five portals in front of me. The catastrophic sound behind me was getting louder and louder.

Just like me, Caleb, Howl, Iris, and Tavion stopped on each stone and stood there staring in front of us, not intimated around the place that was about to kill us.

My fist balled as I continued to feel that warm wind with my raven hair that turned into red— like a dancing blazing fire.

We're now all here and this could be the last obstacle before we reached someone who has been waiting for us— watching our every movement. The Head Wizard, the goddess. . . or someone else.

I took a side glance to see our behind, ang mga natitirang nagtatayugang bato na siyang hindi namin dinaanan ay nagsisimula na rin lumubog. At mas tumataas na rin ang nagbabagang magma mula sa ibaba.

And when the sudden earthquake began and the stones below our feet started to show crawling cracks, I nodded at Caleb.

"Let's go!" sigaw ni Howl.

Since I only have limited amount of talisman, I only use two of it in every jump. And I couldn't risk of using all of it, lalo na't wala pa kami sa dulo ng labang ito.

Among us, Tavion was the one who jumps to show off. He could even twirl in the air and have the best posture as if he were performing in a circus. He has hand movements as well in his every turn.

"Is he a circus performer before?" tanong ni Caleb.

Caleb's still following my pace. Alam kong kaya pa niyang higit na tumalon sa unahan, but he's too stubborn to left me behind. Kasabay lang din namin si Iris na mukhang paminsan-minsang lang naman nahihirapan. Tumitigil din siya kapag napapatingin siya doon kay Tavion na paikot-ikot pa sa ere.

Kasunod ni Tavion si Howl na nakikita kong nahihirapan na rin. He has no talisman to rely with, kaya katulad siya ni Iris ngayon na pisikal ng kakayahan ang kanyang aasahan.

Natigil ako sa pagtakbo sa ibabaw ng aking talisman habang si Caleb ay natigil din sa bato niyang binabaan nang makita namin na kapos ang pagtalon ni Howl.

"Howl!" sigaw ko.

But the Earth dragon wizard would become a laughing stock of the whole Fevia Attero if he dies from a fall. Nagawa niyang makasabit sa bato gamit ang isa niyang kamay.

He hangs there for a moment. Napahinga ako nang maluwag.

"What? Should I help you, De Voss?!" sigaw ni Caleb.

"Fuck off, vampire."

His feet swing in the wind as he tried to look down. Tumataas pa rin ang lava mula sa ibaba. Ikinapit niya na rin ang isa niyang kamay hanggang sa hilahin niya ang kanyang sarili at ang dalawang braso niya na ang kanyang isampay sa bato. He didn't climb quickly as he looked up to the vampire who's been showing off in front of him.