Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Meeting

My adrenaline rush would have kicked in for that quick moment, but the realization that someone else was inside that cave aside from us with this quite unbearable situation, didn't allow me to move freely, but stared back at that couple who had just the same expression as us.

I didn't even notice the minutes that had passed between this awkward silence. If I could just turn back time, and change the situation and this annoying position, I already did.

But my ability as an Earth Mage does not have any time manipulation that would help me at this moment. All I have to do is to accept this damn embarrassment and face these creatures who happened to be eager to save each other's lives with the same method.

"Iris!"

Caleb immediately pulled away from me, and the girl at the entrance of the cave quickly pushed the man he was about to kiss. I shook my head, casually stood up, and lightly patted my dress to remove the dirt away. The man beside the girl that Caleb called Iris took the situation as calmly as was I.

I never expected this situation. I knew that there might be a possibility that we would be able to cross paths, but not this, when all of us were ready to warm each other up with this method.

"Caleb. . ."

"Hi, everyone," the man with the similar gray-haired casually waved his hand like we were colleagues before and today's the time that we had time to meet each other again.

I've been indifferent to tough situations, and I know how I could quickly gather myself not to make myself look like a fool. But right now, with these creatures in front of me, I couldn't even utter a single word.

I don't have any idea about the other gray-haired man, but the moment I heard the name Iris from Caleb's lips, I don't know how would I be able to hide the expression on my face. When I met Caleb, he's been mentioning the name of the girl, and it even hurt me like hell, without even seeing her face.

But right now that I could clearly see her face? With that exotic beauty, power and charisma, I collected myself not to move and look down at my appearance. I hate the fact that I am mentally comparing us.

Can I stop myself from doing it if the man who has my heart has been mentioning the name of the woman who's standing in front of me, telling me that he's meant for her?

I thought all my insecurities would fade after all those assurances, but the moment I saw her. I couldn't think of anything clear.

Hindi mawala ang paninitig namin ng babae sa isa't isa, at nasisiguro ko na katulad ko ay napakarami na rin ang umiikot sa isip niya. Of course, does she have any idea that her supposed mate, her other half is already with someone?

And what's with this situation with another gray-haired man?

Nanatiling namayani ang katahimikan sa pagitan naming apat. Wala nang magkaroon ng lakas ng loob magsalita. I tried to glance at Caleb, but his eyes were switching from Iris to the other gray haired man.

Ang tanging naririnig ko na lamang ay ang patak ng tubig mula sa itaas ng kuweba na mabagal na pumapatak sa ibaba.

"Hmm. . . excuse me? But are we staring too much already?"

Caleb almost jumped on his position. I cleared my throat and Iris averted his eyes on me.

"So, care for introductions?" panimula ng lalaking katabi ni Iris.

"No need," matabang na sabi ni Caleb.

"C-caleb. . ."

"Iris, did he do something on—" the other gray-haired man cut him off.