Chapter 54 - A Dance in the Garden

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋 »»

"I'm a little bird, laying my eggs on the grou— ehhhh!!" the little lady exclaimed, surprised to see Mr. David and Bosworth quietly watching her.

"Good day, my lady..." Bosworth greeted kindly, bowing his head, and Mr. David did the same.

"A-Ah..." the little lady stuttered, then picked up a stick from the ground.

"I-I...I was..." she started, looking at Bosworth and Mr. David.

"It's okay, my lady. Don't worry about it," Bosworth reassured her, but the little lady felt even more embarrassed

"W-Who says I was embarrassed? I am not, you're the one who's embarrassed," the little lady replied as Bosworth took the branch away from her.

"My lady, please refrain from touching any dirty stuff on the ground and try to act gracefully," Bosworth advised, while the young girl glanced around nervously.

"I-I was just doing my exercises," the little lady explained, with Mr. David smiling in approval.

"I approve of the exercise, my lady. It was great! You should do it more often," Mr. David encouraged.

"Uh...I-I, I don't think so," the little lady replied hesitantly.

"Please teach me this exercise, my lady. I think it's good for my body! You know, even though I'm like this, I'm also getting old each passing year," Mr. David said with a smile, then the little lady looked at Bosworth.

"A-Ah..." the little lady said nervously as Bosworth continued to stare at her.

"I would love to see the little lady doing that exercise...again," Bosworth said with a straight face, still looking serious.

"O-Okay, then..." the little lady responded, glancing at Mr. David with uncertainty.

"Uhm...I-I have a dance exercise...?" the little lady hesitated, but Mr. David smiled kindly.

"A dance exercise? That's even better! Please show me, my lady" Mr. David exclaimed, encouraging the little lady and letting her know it's okay.

"I would appreciate it if you could teach me your dance exercise," Mr. David added warmly.

"Right, sir Bosworth?" Mr. David asked, looking at Bosworth who had been quiet.

"Yes, please teach the old man next to me," Bosworth replied coldly.

"I'm pretty sure you're older than me," Mr. David said.

"I'm younger than you by almost ten years," Bosworth said, as the little lady then took Mr. David's hand and pulled him to a 'good spot' for the exercise.

"Let's do the Yokai dance. I learned it from watching an anime. I do it all the time when I'm alone," the little lady suggested.

"Wh-What, anime? What is that my lady?" Mr. David asked, as the little stopped for a minute and thought about what she had just said.

"O-Oh! I meant, like in the theater, like watching...haha..." the little lady said, and Mr. David nodded his head. And so, that is how everything started today.

The young girl taught the gardener to do a 'Yokai Dance' that she learned from an anime she watched before in the modern world.

🐇🐇 - - ✄ - - - - 🐇🐇

"Would you like to do the chicken exercises, Mr. David?" the little lady, Althea, asked as Mr. David was really enjoying all the exercises she had taught him.

"Oh, please do, my lady!" Mr. David exclaimed, while Bosworth sat on a chair with his legs crossed, watching from the sidelines without showing any expression on his face.

"Mr. Bosworth, are you not going to join?" Althea asked, while she and Mr. David did the chicken exercises, but Bosworth just stared and didn't reply at all.

"I totally approve of this exercise, it's fun!" Mr. David said, joining in the chicken dance with enthusiasm.

"Mr. Bosworth? Do you not want to join?" the little lady, Althea, asked as Bosworth shook his head.

"No, please don't mind me, my lady. I would prefer to just watch you do all these...odd exercises," Bosworth replied, glancing at Mr. David.

"Mylady, are you sure this is an exercise and not a ritual for summoning a demon that can possess someone?" Bosworth questioned.

"Something that might turn a person into an odd creature possessed by an animal?" Bosworth added, looking at Mr. David, while Althea just smiled.

"Uh...it's an exercise that I learned. It's fun and good for the body! hehehe (≧▽≦)" Althea reassured, but Bosworth remained suspicious.

"Is it really not a ritual of summoning a demon, my lady?" Bosworth asked, as the little lady nodded with a smile, but then someone laughed from behind the bushes.

"W-What was that?" the little lady exclaimed, as Bosworth immediately got up and positioned himself to shield her, while Mr. David stopped his exercise and stood alert.

"Show yourself before my shear and shovel come flying towards you," Mr. David warned, as Bosworth stared at the bush.

"Uhm...what are you doing over there?" the little lady asked, looking in a certain direction to her right side. Mr. David and Bosworth turned around to see a blue-haired guy caught by the little lady.

"Okay, you got me, I have been caught," the blue-haired guy admitted.

"You've come again for the third time...seems like you really wish for your death," Bosworth said sternly.

"W-Wait, Mr. Bosworth, please don't hurt my friend," the little lady pleaded, as both Bosworth and Mr. David looked at her.

"But my lady, he was the one who made you sick. I cannot accept such a person as a friend of my little miss!" Mr. David exclaimed.

"But he is my friend... (。•́︿•̀。) please don't push him away," the little lady pleaded again, her expression filled with sadness.

"My lady..." Bosworth began, but Althea then hugs Bosworth's legs to interrupt him.

"Please, Mr. Bosworth~ (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ don't chase my friend away," the little lady pleaded.

"See? You heard her, right? I'm a frie—" the blue-haired guy started, but Bosworth silenced him with a glare.

"Okay, not cool. I understand that you're a dark elf and strong...But I'm not here to cause trouble or harm this little rabbit," he said.

"I'm an apprentice of an archmage. I'm powerful too, like you mentioned. I have mana flowing through me, and you can see I'm strong, right? Similarly, I can sense that you're not ordinary," he explained.

"I'm glad you understand. So please, stay a meter away from my lady, if you don't want blood all over your clothes tonight," Bosworth said with a smile.

"Mr. Bosworth, that's not nice..." the little remarked, and Bosworth looked at her.

"I'm sorry, my lady..." Bosworth apologized.

.
.
.
.🦋