쉰일곱. Unopened feelings.

"But Sunoo, we don't have enough money for that-"

"I don't care, I'll work harder, even get many part-time jobs if I have to!"

She doesn't know what's gotten into her son, has his day been that bad to the point he wants to move? Does he miss his friends that badly?

"What happened today, hm? Did you get fired? Did someone bully you?" Sunoo sat up as his mother's hand rubbed his back to calm him down.

"I just...everything seems to be falling apart. I thought that, if we moved to Japan, things would become better but everything got worse instead." He mumbled, resting his head on his mother's shoulder while she used her other hand to caress his hair.

"You can quit work if it's too much for you, I can manage to get us enough money-"

"It's not just that, mom. I don't what to do with my life. I didn't continue college, no companies I apply to accept me, I only have three friends, not to mention us struggling financially. My paychecks can pay our house and bills, but it's not enough to go back to where everything was okay! I just want to have a nice house with you, have a great group of friends, a job that I love, someone I want to be with. I'm so focused on going to work because of one person that I didn't realize I was wasting years of my life to wait for someone who's never gonna come back to me."

Sunoo let everything out with a hoarse and broken voice, resting his arms on his knees as he covered his face in them while crying quietly, but hard.

Of course, his mom would understand all this, she knew her son better than anyone else.

"Things take time. Jobs take time, wealth takes time, success takes time, friends take time. And so does love. One of my biggest wishes for you is that you don't end up like me and your dad. I want you to find someone who's willing to understand you at your hardest, someone to be there for you, to love you like no other. You will cry because love is beautiful and hurtful at the same time, and if that 'love' is in Ni-ki, then he'll come to you. He just needs time, and so do you."

Sunoo lifted his sniffling face up to look at his mother.

"How did you know I was crying about that.."

"I know you, and I know how much you love him. You have to accept that what happened was years ago, Ni-ki will eventually forgive you, I know it. It may not be now, it may be in months, or even years. If you love Ni-ki, I support you. But are you really sure he's..the one?"

Sunoo's gaze went to the floor yet again, eyes fluttering.

"I..

Don't know."

-

Ni-ki leaned his head back on his office chair, glancing at the glass door from time to time. He was waiting for something, but he didn't know what.

His gaze then transferred to the picture frame of him and Sunoo, taking it in his hand. Not knowing why it was still on his desk, he stared at Sunoo's bright smile as if he didn't crush it a day ago.

Everything went wrong. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Yes, he wanted Sunoo to apologize sincerely, like him sincerely too. But he was so caught in the moment that he said harsh things that not the sane Ni-ki would say. Half of him says that Sunoo deserves it, the other half is sorry.

He wants Sunoo to apologize, for making him this way. But a part of him feels like he should apologize too.

"Sir Nishimura?" Hana opened the doors as Ni-ki immediately placed the picture frame on the trash bin by his chair.

"Yeah?" Ni-ki replied. Hana stood comfortably by his desk, resting her hands on it.

"I know you probably don't want to talk about it but, I heard what you said to Sunoo yesterday." Ni-ki sighed, turning his chair another way.