마흔여덟. Pretty boy.

"Sunoo? Hello?"

"Huh?"

"You weren't listening, weren't you?"

"Sorry Emi, I just had something on my mind."

Sunoo ran his fingers through the arms of his chair, slouching his back a bit to get more comfortable. He heard Emi sigh from the other end of the call, the older sensing that Sunoo had some spilling to do.

"Alright, what happened now big boy?"

"Nothing, Nothing much. Just, you know, busy at work." Sunoo mumbled as Emi immediately sensed that something had happened. Well, something always happens. He's Kim Sunoo.

"Did you and this Riki guy..fight?" Emi asked with caution, not wanting to trigger her junior. 

"No, he's actually been nicer. I'm serious, it's nothing. What were you saying though earlier?"

"Oh, well a few days ago, Heeseung accepted my friend request on facebook!" She giggled, making Sunoo raise his eyebrows. He's genuinely happy for his friend, but he doesn't know how this little crush will work.

"That's great Emi! But, what now? You're gonna message him on messenger or something?"

"Maybe, I'll have to figure out what to say though." He could hear Emi's definite happiness and hopes one day she could meet Heeseung because he can really tell she likes him.

"Don't be creepy, Heeseung hyung doesn't like that." They laughed at Sunoo's remark. They haven't talked in a while so it was good to be sharing stories about what happened to them recently. 

"Hey Sunoo, I wanna ask you a question, it's only if you're comfortable talking about it." 

"Sure, what's it about?" Sunoo asked brightly, expecting it to be something related to his Heeseung hyung.

"How come you never told me about this uh, this Riki guy?" 

Sunoo was a bit taken aback by the sudden question about Ni-ki. But he had to answer her anyways.

"I just..didn't wanna talk about it." Sunoo fidgeted his fingers while he placed Emi in speaker mode.

"May I ask the reason why? It's okay if you're still not comfortable about it, I was just curious because the first time you mentioned him to me, you seemed like you liked him."

A moment of silence had occurred because Sunoo had no idea what to reply. Emi was right, he had dearly liked Ni-ki. No, loved Ni-ki. But if he tells her how much of an asshole he's been to Ni-ki in the past, would that make Emi stop wanting to be friends? He doesn't wanna lose another precious person.

"Because..he and I used to date. Back when we were in Korea, we dated for nearly seven months. He never failed to show how much I meant to him. However, I could never do the same. I was too sensitive to what people would think about me meanwhile, he wouldn't care, not even for a second. He just..loved me. Then a few days after I told him my true feelings, he just left all of a sudden to where I assume, here." 

Emi's lips left to part, hearing how much Sunoo's voice sounded small when talking about it. She of course felt bad for her best friend, who wouldn't? She wishes she could give him a hug right now even though that incident was years ago. 

"I'm so sorry, Sunoo..it must've hurt a lot.."

"It hurt Ni-ki more than it hurt me. I can't imagine how much pain he felt knowing that I was all along ashamed to be with him. But no worries Emi, that was years ago, I've forgotten about it. Now that I work in the same field as him, maybe it's best if I and him just remain friends."