이십오. Not perfect, but that makes you better.

"Are we here to see daddy?"

"Yes, Ddeonu. So be good and hold my hand, here."

Sunoo placed his small hand on his mom's, gasping at how big his father's company in Japan is. It was his first time going to another country, and the little boy couldn't be any happier.

"The boss is ready to see you."

His mother thanked the guards as the men pushed the large doors open, as Sunoo let go of his mother's hand.

"Daddy!" His dad smiled and picked his son up, as Sunoo smiled on his dad's embrace.

"Did you eat already?"

"Mhm! Mommy made my favourite, tteokbokki!" His father ruffled his hair, the 5 year old boy giggling.

For about a few years everything was fine. Sunoo always thought it would stay like this.

-

"BUT-"

"YOU'RE LIVING HERE AND THAT'S FINAL!" Sunoo sniffled, his father's furious tone getting to him.

Sunoo turned 12, and it was the worst birthday he had.

His father has forced him and his mother to live in Japan just for the sake of the company. Sunoo wanted to stay in Korea and become a trainee at an idol company, but his father rejected that dream profession of his.

"But father.." Sunoo mumbled, his voice cracking and his eyes were sweating. What went so wrong? It's like the company is his father's only priority. Well, it is. He didn't care about his son, not even his own wife, he was a horrible man.

Sunoo's mother that saw her son almost breaking down, stood up and hugged her child, glaring at her husband.

"Why won't you let Sunoo stay in Korea?"

"Because his absent presence will affect the business. He is the face of the company, a rich father and good grades, if people see him singing on a disgusting stage, that will ruin my reputation." His father explained, slamming his hands on his desk from anger.

Sunoo tapped his mother's arm, shaking his head. He didn't want his mom hurt, not again.

-

3 years later, Sunoo is 15.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY, LET ME HIT HIM."

His father lashed out when he saw the bills. His mother was secretly paying for Sunoo's music school fee, and with his father now knowing, Sunoo was terrified, hiding behind his mother, whimpering.

"I'M NOT LETTING YOU HIT OUR SON."

"HE'S NO SON OF MINE, HE'S A TRAITOR. YOU ARE AS WELL, YOU'RE BOTH DISAPPOINTMENTS."

Sunoo squinted his eyes from fear, peeking then whimpering even louder when his father threw a vase.

All the expensive decorations in their once beautiful home, now shattered, just like his family. Even the helpers were feared enough, just hiding on the corners of the room.

"Sunoo dear, go back to your room."

"But, mom-"

"Sunoo, room. Now."

Sunoo sniffled as the helpers dragged him out of the room, his mother blocking his father before he could hit the crying boy.

It's all his fault.