마흔일곱. To be more comfortable.

Ni-ki looked around, seeing their small apartment so neat despite its tiny space. Sunoo watched the younger look around, expecting some sort of furniture judging, but there wasn't any. His house wasn't anything like Ni-ki's, not even close.

"You have a nice house, Mrs. Kim." Ni-ki spoke a few compliments here and there, as she smiled at him.

"Ay, thank you very much. Wait until you go to Sunoo's room, it won't be nice then." His mother chuckled, placing a smile on Ni-ki's face.

"MA! What makes you think we'll go to my room?"  Sunoo huffed, not loving the things coming out of his mother's mouth. She should just keep busy preparing lunch, not expose him and his messy room.

"I'm just saying! That boy is very messy, I always have to clean his room for him. I'm basically the backbone of us two." Sunoo scoffed at her words, both of the guys heading their way to the small dining table and taking a seat.

"Oh, Sundubu-jjigae! This is my favorite Korean dish! Thank you so much." Sunoo watched how Ni-ki immediately dug in, a satisfied smile on his face when he tasted the meal.

How'd she known his favorite food is Sundubu-jjigae? Did she stalk his Facebook account or something?

"I'm glad you like it, cooking is one of my specialties so I love that you enjoy it." Sunoo rolled at how polite his mother was being, taking a bite of his food.

"What do you do for a living, Mrs. Kim?" Ni-ki asked, starting a grown-up conversation.

"Well, I work at a call center. But I'm slowly losing my job, and that's when this boy got his position as your secretary." She pointed at Sunoo who was caught off guard.

"Despite not being all that responsible at the age of twenty-four, he's a very hardworking boy. He tries his best to help me earn money, and I couldn't have a better son." 

Sunoo's cheeks started turning red from how sweet his mother talked and it made his heart warm to know that she's thankful for everything he's done for the family. Ni-ki looked at Sunoo, and he may seem a bit sassy and a little bit tough on the outside, but he really was a thoughtful guy and just hearing Sunoo willing to work a serious job like as his secretary just to earn money made him think that maybe he's been too harsh on Sunoo despite their background.

The whole lunch has been nothing but lovely, they exchanged turns in Sunoo's mother telling funny stories about her son, leaving Sunoo embarrassed as Ni-ki just laughed and found the little stories cute.

He never thought that there were many things he didn't know about Sunoo, and it made his heart flutter a bit. Although he doesn't know it, this little get-together with Sunoo and his mother made him even more comfortable with the older.

-

"This has been a great time, Mrs. Kim." Ni-ki stood up from his seat, bowing to Sunoo's mother as she smiled at him. She enjoyed having Ni-ki's presence, but she maybe thought inviting him for lunch would spark up something between the two but unfortunately, nothing.

"No problem, come by anytime you want!" She joyfully replied as Sunoo led him outside their apartment. She was disappointed that nothing special happened but maybe Sunoo was right, she just let them be and fixed their own problems by themselves.

"Sorry if my mom was being weird." Sunoo awkwardly chuckled.

"No, it was nice, I like her." Ni-ki showed a soft smile to assure the older that he has nothing to be embarrassed about. Sunoo found it appealing how professional Ni-ki acted back there, the air between them wasn't all cleared up yet, but despite that, he was polite to his mother and Sunoo admires that.