Juliet Citadel

My name is Juliet Citadel. As you can see, I am a healthy, young woman just ripe of age. Right now, a piece of scum is in front of me in a prostration, that's because I gave him a bit of a castration.

Haha, you don't need to worry. Let me explain from the beginning.

----------

The 3rd day of the 7th month of the 902nd year after the death of the so-called messiah. It was a day like many others. I was cooking food for the wounded soldiers at a tavern that's near the frontlines of the ongoing war between this nation and the neighbouring. I've heard a lot of things through rumours, and such a thing was passed unto my ear as well.

It was a fairly normal day, until a young man appeared in front of the entranceway, wearing a thick black coat covering his arms and reaching all the way down to his feet and a strange looking hat which was slanted slightly, his outfit looked very expensive. The man paid no heed to the stares he was receiving, and came straight to me.

"...SEER unit."

SEER unit. Those were the words he uttered in a whisper right into my ear. Of course, I know what it meant. The SEER unit, Search, Evaluate, Evacuate, and Rescue. That was the monarchy's most valuable personnel when it comes to helping the people of the monarchy. However, this man is wearing black, unlike the public SEER unit which wears white, in other words...

"Please follow me."

I urged him to follow me into the back of the tavern, usually restricted only to personnel. When I entered the door to the back, he followed suit. There, we met with our superior.

"Romeo, Juliet. There's a special "rescue" operation that I'd like to assign you two. Get changed, Juliet."

Our superior spoke. He was also wearing jet black clothing, similar to the man beside me. The instant he told me to change, my clothes warped themselves in a black mist, and I was wearing a similar outfit to the one beside me, Romeo.

You see, the SEER unit has two faces. The public face wears white, and the acronym stands for Search, Evaluate, Evacuate, Rescue. However, we have a hidden side that we don't show to the public. Those clad in black are also a part of the SEER unit, that is, Silence, Eliminate, Execute, Rehabilitate. A sort of assassination unit. Our job is to eliminate spies and corrupt individuals, and we move only at the order of the monarchy.

Each member of the black SEER unit is especially skilled, myself included of course. That said, each of us are still individually weak, especially in terms of all-out combat. We're not superhumans, we're assassins. We lay in ambush and wait for the one shot to quickly end it.

"Juliet..."

"I'm fine."

Romeo beside me spoke my name in a concerned voice, and having known what he would say after, I cut him off before he could say it. Romeo is my younger brother, roughly by a year, and we've been working together in the black SEER unit after our parents died while we were young. People are not supposed to know about the private connections of the black SEER unit's members in case one of us gets caught, so we pretend to be strangers to the public eye.

"Let's go."

I hurried up and left the building. It's still mid-day, so it should be fine for us to go undercover without our uniform, so my clothes warped themselves back into a cheap village girl's outfit. Romeo did the same as me, and his clothes warped into a normal village boy's. We exited through the back, and made our way to our destination.

"Juliet, are you-"

"Stop talking so much. You don't know who's listening."

My brother tried to talk to me again, but I shut him up. It's not as though I hate him, no. Rather, when our days are over, I pamper him a lot, but the problem is that he's unaware of just how important secrecy is. He eventually listened to me and stayed silent the rest of the walk.