Skirmish: Reflection Against Blood

“God! You're! So! Annoying!”

A silver haired young lady was wailig her arms about towards a multitude of directions. Towards a girl with hair of a bright shade of blue, like a fresh sea. However, every time the girl waved her arms around, the blue-haired girl would disappear almost instantaneously, without warning, and appear again at another seemingly random spot.

“I must say, I'm slightly disappointed. You haven't improved at all through the years.”

Charlotte teased Ferris when she suddenly appeared right behind her, and just as suddenly disappeared. It was as if she was moving at the speed of light.

Char appeared again above a puddle of water. However, this time, she did not just appear and disappear. While making some strange movements with her hands, the girl's eyes had glown a bright gold. Immediately after, a black flame eneveloped the blue girl and spread darkness to the already fairly dim surroundings.

“Who's...”

Ferris reacted cautiously, keeping her ground. She was cautious of the black flame, of what would emerge from it. Clenching her fingers together, as if pulling some strings, she stood her ground.

Not too long after, the black flame enveloping Charlotte dispersed, and from it emerged a brunette girl with the exact same golden eyes as the blue-haired girl had previously.

“Val, huh...”

The girl taking on Valentina's appearance twitched slightly, before her body started convulging. Strange shapes started poking from inside of her body, until one of the pokes penetrated her skin from the inside, and grew into a large, long, limb that extended nearly twice the size of the girl's legs. Eventually, more limbs would appear, and Val's hair would turn black, and cover the entirety of her body, including the strange new limbs that grew on the side of her body.

The Val look-alike would lose balance, and fall down face flat. After that though, the limbs that grew out started to push Val upward, and turn into large legs for her. From the hairy body, to the multiple humanoid limbs, it is fitting to call this thing an abomination.

“Ugh...”

All the while, Ferris was only watching the event unfold, not doing anything as to be cautious. She recoiled slightly at the transformation of the once brunette girl. And now looking at the abomination, she clenches her fingers tighter, unsure of what to do.

The head of what used to be the Valentina look-alike looked at all directions, before finally facing the Ferris in front of her. And like a predator who has eyes on their prey, the abomination moved forward with it's multiple legs causing it to move at an intense speed.

“...Surely not...”

Ferris only looked at the rushing monster with a look of complete confusion. She knows that her opponent is not so simple minded or stupid, and yet that same opponent is rushing straight towards her. Why is that, she pondered to herself. She clenched her fingers into a fist, pulling something using her fingers. At the same time, the head of the monster was sliced clean off, and the large hairy beast fell to the ground.

“What...”

The silver haired woman moved towards the headless monster cautiously. Her opponent shouldn't be this weak, those were her honest thoughts. She looked at the head of the beast that was disconnected from it not too far away, then back at the body. She sniffed the air, but is unable to smell anything peculiar.

“...No way, she's playing tricks, I know it.”

She looked around, but saw nothing out of place. She looked back at the corpse in front of her, nothing out of the ordinary.