Interrogation: Levia and Allison

This girl is one tough cookie to crack. She cooperates willingly, but she literally knows nothing. Whenever I ask her about her past, she only says she can't remember. When I ask her about her strange powers, she says she doesn't know. What's most annoying is that she's not lying.

From experience, I can tell that it is impossible for Forsaken to lie when their eyes are golden, I even tried lying to myself while I was in that state, but all that comes out of my mouth is the truth. Which means that Levia, who is currently telling me everything with her eyes in their golden glow, can't possibly be lying.

“This is getting us nowhere...”

I mumbled to myself as I massaged my forehead. This is really starting to hurt my head... Well, thankfully, I've already called in someone who could help, but to be honest I doubt she could help me much.

“...Alright, since asking about yourself isn't getting us anywhere, what do you want to know?”

I tried to ask her if she wanted to know anything in particular. The world is strange, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know much about it.

“...You.”

But the topic she wanted to talk about was not what I expected. While I definitely didn't discard the thought that she might want to know about me, I didn't think she'd actually want to.

“Me?”

“...What are... you?”

So that's what she meant. In that case, I could answer her respectfully. I turned towards her and stared into her eyes, indicating that I'm willing to speak the truth.

“My name is Allison. I am a fallen angel.”

I told her about me and my life, my past, and the reason I am a "fallen" angel. If it means earning her trust, I don't mind sharing everything about myself. Or rather, there's no point hiding any of this information.

After a while, she looked satisfied. That's good, if it goes on like this, I should earn her trust in no time. Or atleast, I hope that's the case.

While the two of us were sitting there quietly, our peace was interrupted by the person I was expecting a few hours ago. She had deep brown hair, and her clothing was completely exotic, or rather, out of place. It's hard to describe it, actually.

“Golly, Alice, I am so sorry–”

However, this is quite the situation, isn't it? Not only is she late, but because of the impact of her arrival, it seems that the flowers in my garden were crushed? Oh dear, how should I handle this... Well, simply put, I just smiled at the visitor silently.

“...You're angry, aren't you?”

Yes, I am. I grabbed her by the ear and pulled her over to the balcony where Levia was waiting, and forcefully sat her down.

“Levia, this is Eliminoir. She was supposed to have been here a few hours ago, but it seems that she's a bit late. Eli, this is Levia. I found her in a slave market, and I was curious.”

I introduced the two to each other, and then prepared another cup of tea for Eli. Levia looked like she was unsatisfied with my description of her, but I really couldn't find another way to tell Eli about her.

“Hmm... So what did you want my help for anyway?”

Eli looked closely at Levia and then back at me. I simply closed my eyes for a moment and opened them again, revealing my golden eyes. Levia did the same, and so did Eli. Not long after, Eli understood why I called her here, more or less.

“I see... Well, we should take this some place else. I'm sure you're tired here. I know a place that isn't so barren.”

Did she just call my home barren? Well, it doesn't matter. Whenever she takes us, I'm sure it'll be a safe place. Right, you heard me right, "whenever". I'm sure that the place that Eli mentioned is less a place in the geographic plane, more a space in the time plane. That's simply how she works, and I'm sure that's how she got her strange fashion sense in the first place.

Eli grabbed hold of the air, that's when a slightly see-through, blue colored door with an intricate design appeared in front of her, with he holding the knob of the door. She opened up the door and asked us to follow her, and she led us to a very loud area.

There were lots of strange metal boxes that were moving, too many people to count, and they were all wearing similar clothing to Eli. To be honest, both Levia and I looked out of place, so I made it so that no one could recognize us, don't ask how.

Eli lead us to some sort of shop where they serve foods and beverages, and at the same time she gave me some parts of her memories. It was honestly hurting my mind to the point that I really couldn't think much.

...

To be honest, for majority of the talk between Eli and Levia, I really wasn't able to talk much. I was in an unfamiliar environment, but at the same time I knew exactly where I was. I have memories of being there, but I know for a fact that I've never been there. Eli works in ways that I just can't understand...

In any case, after a lengthy conversation, the three of us returned to my home, and for some reason Levia asked if I was able to replicate the iced tea that they had at that shop. I'm not that knowledgeable on brewing beverages, so I told her as such. She had a dejected face when I did.

I'm not a know-it-all. I don't know what's going to happen from this point onwards, especially now that there's this Levia Valenrye that I'd never heard of until today. However, I do hope that nothing so influential that it change the fate of the world occurs simply because of her existence.

I may have jinxed that, but if such a problem does occur, then it's not a hassle to deal with it. I'm also rather interested in the mystery of this girl, so I might as well take her under myself. Or rather, I believe it's my responsibility considering I bought her.

My name is Allison, and her name is Levia. I don't know what will come in the future, but I believe we can get through it. That's what I hope, anyway.

——————————

Afterword:

Ugh, this turned out rushier than I expected. I didn't particularly find this story groundworks that interesting, so I won't build on it any further than this. You can see how the detail and work I put on it deteriorated, you can even see how long it took me because I kept putting it off. Frankly, this story isn't even part of the story of this world, so yeah, that's enough of this sub-plot. From now on, specifically chapter 15, 18, 21, and so on, it'll be different things. For now, I'm thinking of making it different skirmishes from a plot arc I call "War of Witches". Yes, there are action scenes. Hell, this little subplot that doesn't even take place in the world where this series of short stories take place. So with that teeny announcement, I'm back. I guess.