Encounter: Witch of Arms

My name is Peterson Avriche, and I work at a very suspicious and peculiar workspace. That workplace being the combat simulations department of the Utopian Research Institute. Put simply, we work with the government and supply the military with weapons. We're kinda a big deal, but our personnel really says otherwise.

“Yo, chief.”

This is the chief– head researcher, rather, of the combat simulations department. His real name is unknown even to us under him, and he just calls himself Teri. He's... how do I say this, flamboyant?

“Peter-boy, morning. Say, have you seen little Maya around? The girl hasn't been to office lately. Called her phone and it didn't even ring...”

And the girl the chief mentioned is Maya Faye. She's the one that designs the weapons we give the military. By the way, I work as a "prisoner of war", basically I and a few others test out the weapons Maya designed.

“I say you worry too much, chief. She's probably stuck in her room designing another weird looking yet unironically properly functioning wea–”

“She's missing.”

And this woman is Leveria. I wouldn't say she's close to Maya, but she lives near her place, so I don't doubt her information. However, the news surprised not just me, but even the chief. It was just us three in the office right now, and yet it felt like the news was spread through the announcement system.

“When I went to check on her today, she wasn't in her apartment, no less her room. Instead, what I found was... a lot of blood and... bits of metal.”

“Is she okay?!”

“To hell if I know! I have no idea what happened to her, or where the fuck she is, either!”

Shit, what the fuck!? This type of news is not something I was planning to hear throughout my entire life! And what the hell is with that? "a lot of blood and bits of metal"? What the hell is going on here?

“...Have you asked little Maya's neighbours about it?”

“Yeah... They said around a week ago, they could hear screams from her room... and yesterday, the screams stopped.”

“Shit!”

What the fuck? What the fuck's going on here? This isn't normal! What the hell is up with Maya? Why didn't she atleast call us?

“...I'm heading out.”

“And where to, Peter-boy? Do you think you can find her when you don't even know where to start?”

“The fuck am I supposed to do?! Just sit here and wait when my friend's gone who knows where bleeding?!”

“I'm not telling you to stay, I'm asking you to think, Peter-boy. What will you do? Just run off and try to find her without clues?”

He's right. I don't know where to look, and apart from the people here, I don't even have any other connections to her. But I can't just sit here and continue working while she's out who knows where. I can't just do nothing about it, even if that's all I can do.

Just as I was thinking, the alarms suddenly blared. Why? Why now?! What kind of timing even is this?

“...Peter-boy, girlie. I know now's not really the best time, but get one of the spares.”

No use thinking about it now. I have to do what I need to. But after this, whether or not that damned coward of a chief allows it, I will go find Maya.

I took one of the spare weapons that we've yet to supply the army, and headed to the hall with the other two. There we saw... a massacre. The usually clean hallway was now a bloody mess, bodies littered on the walls, the floor, some even got stuck at the ceiling. And in the center of this bloody hallway was the person that hasn't been to the institute for a week now.