Encounter: Witch of Dolls

The faceless Witch with no name, she who pulls the strings behind the scenes, and she who leaves no trace to be found. That's the general description of the Witch of Dolls, who until now we have no proper record of.

The Witch of Dolls started activity nearly a thousand years ago, around the 11th Century, and still continues her activities until today. Such activities include but are not limited to brutality, impersonation, theft, terrorism, among other things, but recently with the abolishment of the Holy Witch Hunts, her ethically questionable activities have decreased.

The same can be said for the other Witches' activities. Majority, if not all Witch activities have more or less disappeared completely. The answer to why still remains unanswered, but the church believes it has something to do with the recent closing of the France borders.

——————————

In the year 1731 until today, France has been a closed nation. It's completely impossible to pass through their borders, even through flight. The reason remains unclear. After the Great War, multiple national leaders attempted to communicate with thw French leader, to zero avail. No news of or from France has reached the outside world, not even the country's neighbouring nations.

——————————

The latest peak of Witch activities was during the Endless War in the dark ages, from the 14th Century to nearly the 16th Century. With the assigning of the new Witch of Gluttony, and subsequent disappearance of the same Witch, activities have uproared, and multiple settlements were damaged, even destroyed.

Such events, however, suddenly diminished around the mid 17th Century. Some speculate that this sudden decrease in Witch activities is due to the appearance of the Witch of Heresy and the coincidental disappearance of the Witch of Insanity during the Endless War.

The only exception to the decrease of Witch activities is the Witch of Dolls, who continued her activities despite the other Witches seemingly calming down. The Witch of Dolls is nearly impossible to catch, some may even say it's a miracle to catch a glimpse of her.

——————————

Fernando dela Cruz, that's my name. I am a priest of the St. Maria Citadel in Spain, and right now I am tasked with throwing away these old papers and files. The citadel has been around for quite a long time, and so has these papers. The brothers and sisters, along with some other priests are currently cleaning the basement of the citadel, and that's where I happened to find these old files about the Witches that my father once used to tell me about.

He once said that these Witches are horrid creatures that have no humanity, but frankly I do not believe in such stories. Perhaps it's because I've never seen one myself, or because women that possess knowledge way back when were considered Witches, but my belief in them is as thin as my faith in the lord that I am supposed to worship.

“Utter nonsense...”

I mutter to myself as I pile the papers and put them into the box to be thrown away. I believe in my words, I truly believe that what is written in these files are utter nonsense. While it is true that the neighbouring France is under a lockdown since before I was born, I am inclined to believe that whatever theories that were written in these papers, it is complete and utter rubbish.

“Father, about these papers...”

Perhaps hearing my self muttering, the sister who accompanied me was looking to ask me about the files that we found, most likely.

“They're utter nonsense. Supernatural beings like those are something straight out of a crazed fool.”

“I see...”