Later

____'s Perspective

The days seemed to fly by. Dave would sneak out of school after lunch to see you in the hospital, even though you told him not to. He and Karkat made up and were now friends again. Things were pretty much normal and you were excited to get back to your friends. One afternoon while walking in the hospital gardens, a nurse approached you.

Nurse- Hello, ____. How are you?
____- I'm doing better, thank you. What can I do for you?
Nurse- I'm here to tell you that you will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow.
____- Woah, really?! That's awesome!
Nurse- Yes, really. Now please go back to your room while we have your mom do some paperwork.
____- Thank you, Nurse!

You felt as though you could jump for joy- if only your stomach didn't hurt so much. You lightly skipped back to your hospital room. 'After all these months...' You thought. 'I'll finally be getting out of this white hell hole.'
-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Dave's Perspective

You sat with your friends at your usual lunch table, silently eating the leftover pizza your bro had packed you. There were conversations buzzing left and right but you ignored them, anxious to get back to ____. You blinked beneath your shades as John tapped your shoulder.

John- you okay, Dave? You seem kinda out of it...
Dave- huh? no im okay.
Nepeta- :33>> h3y, Dav3!
Dave- hm?
Nepeta- :33>> how com3 w3 don't s33 you in aft3rnoon class3s?
Dave- uh...
John- yeah, i've wondered about that too.
Dave- cause, guys, i'm a fucking ninja. i move so fast between classes you can barely see me.

You noticed Karkat roll his eyes, chewing on his sandwich quietly as the lunch ladies screamed a 2-minute warning at you. You smiled a bit and looked at the clock.

Dave- now if you'll excuse me, this ninja needs to use it.

You got up, walking casually out the door and down a flight of stairs, sneaking into the hallway and running past the bathrooms. You sprinted full-speed towards the front door, only to be stopped by a secretary who spotted you running. She called out to you but you didn't stop.

Secretary (S)- HEY! BOY! YOU THERE! STOP!
S- BOY, I SAID STOP!
Dave- i'm sorry ma'am but i'm late for class.
S- Then why are you running towards the front door?!
Dave- I...

Without thinking, you dashed out the front door and the secretary chased after you. You out ran her, running down a concrete path and escaping school grounds. You huffed a sigh of relief and ran towards the hospital with a sly grin. 'Aw yeah. Fucking ninja.' You thought.
...
When you approached the hospital, you slowed down a bit at the front doors, catching your breath and walking in casually. You approached the nurse and asked her about ____, and she said she was available. You smiled a bit and thanked her, walking toward the elevator with your hands in your pockets. You pressed the number 4 button once you got into the elevator, because ____'s room was room 413. It seems strange to think about because you thought you recognized the number, but you had a vague memory of what it meant. ((Heeheehee >u< )) You pushed this thought out of your mind temporarily, running down the hallway to room 413 once the elevator stopped. You were cautious of the nurses and doctors you sprinted past, who just smiled and waved at you. You tapped on room 413 with your knuckles before entering, seeing a smiling ____ on the other side.

Dave- hey, i'm here
____- Didn't I tell you not to skip school to see me?
Dave- how many times do i have to tell you i dont care- i love you, therefore i'm going to skip anything to see you.
____- What about a rap off?
Dave- jegus, thats a really tough decision.
____- Anyway, I'm glad you're here because you're the first to hear the news!
Dave- what news?
____- I'm getting out of this place tomorrow!
Dave- what, really?! that's awesome!
____- I know, right?

Without thinking, you picked her up and kissed her softly on the lips, spinning her around before placing her on the ground again. She giggled and blushed, her (e/c) orbs glistening at you. You smiled and she took your sunglasses off your face, revealing your crimson irises. She smiled before kissing you again, more passionately this time. She bit your bottom lip, requesting entrance, which you gladly accepted. Lost in the moment, you barely noticed ____'s mom walk in. She stood there, not sure what to say as you broke apart.

____- Heheh... Hi, mom!
Mom- Am I interrupting anything?
Dave- No, no, Mrs. (L/n)...
____- He came to see me and I told him how I'm getting out of here tomorrow.
Mom- Well, isn't that sweet? I'm going to be home if you need me, ____, so if you need anything, just call.

You saw her wink at ____ and turn around, leaving a small blush on ____'s face. She smiled at you and shut the door behind her as you turned back to ____.

____- Authority, huh?
Dave- so embarassing...

You both laughed and she kissed your cheek again, leading you over to her hospital bed and taking out her sketch pad to show you some of the drawings she completed while she was stuck here. You smiled when she accidentally flipped to a page with a drawing of you on it, standing tall with your shades in off your face and hearts printed to the side. She blushed and quickly flipped to a different page, smiling nervously as you chuckled. Before you knew it, the sun was sinking in the sky and it was time to leave. Reluctantly, you kissed ____ goodbye and said you'd see her tomorrow as you strut out the door. You pushed your glasses back over your eyes and walked casually out of the hospital, only to be caught by some angry teachers who were waiting outside for you.

Dave- what the fuck?!

((A/N: this chapter, I must say, was kinda boring, but still- you kissed Dave, so your welcome! I didnt want to get into TOO much detail, but I hope that was acceptable. I have a couple ideas for the next chapter, but idk what i should do if I decide to go on after that o^o. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know. I love reading your comments so don't be afraid to talk to me- just remember to be nice. I luv you all and I hope you're enjoying the story! Expect updates soon and I'll see you later, Kittens! :3
-Emma <3 ))