The Fight pt 2

____'s Perspective

After you left Dave and Karkat to their conversation, you made it to your next class and saw John perched in the seat next to you. He smiled at you with his goofy buck teeth and you smiled back at him. To your surprie, there were only 3 other kids in the class with you.
____- Isn't class supposed to start in, like, 5 minutes?
John- Actually, it already started! Everyone is in the hallway for some reason...

You heard screams from male voices and saw flashes of people's cell-phone cameras going off. Your teacher's voice echoed through the halls and the flashes stopped as students filled into class. You got up and hurried through them, looking out the door to see Dave and Karkat walking toward the principal's office. You were about to call after them but your teacher called you back into class. You sighed and walked back to your seat. The teacher tapped the whiteboard with a yardstick to make sure everyone was paying attention as she started the lesson.
-----------
A while later, Dave walked back into class and took his seat. The teacher ignored him and continued to blabber about cells. You turned toward him and raised an eyebrow. He just mouthed "i'll tell you later" and the teacher called your name.

Teacher- ____.
____- Y-Yes?
Teacher- I have to insist you don't talk during my lesson unless you know this information already. Now please pay attention.

Some kids giggled at you and you ducked your heads into your arms. Time couldn't move quick enough. You just wanted to get the day over with- you were to distracted to learn.

{*-Thank Gog for Le Timeskip-*}

When the bell finally rang, you ran to homeroom and packed up your stuff. You peeked out the door and saw Karkat and Dave avoiding each other in the hallway. You ran out to them and put your hands on their shoulders.

____- Hey, guys, what happened back there?
Karkat- WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
____- I saw you walking to the principal's office earlier today.
Dave- oh, that? that was nothing, don't worry about it, babe.

Your eyes widened. He had never called you that before... Your face reddened and he put his arm around you, smiling at Karkat who growled a bit. You giggled a bit and shrugged at him.

____- Why don't we get going? I'm sick of school.
Karkat- YEAH. ME TOO. LETS JET, ____.

You smiled at them and kissed Dave's cheek as you escaped back into homeroom and grabbed your stuff. The dismissal bell rang and you rushed out, Karkat grabbing your hand as you did. Dave ran next to you guys and placed his arm around you. You felt awkward and warm, so you decided to escape their grasp. You ran in front of them and let go of Karkat's hand.

____- Sorry, guys, but I need to breathe too.
Karkat- HEHEH... SORRY, ____.
Dave- yeah, sorry. you're just so cute i can't stay away from you.
____- D'aww, you're so sweet, Dave!

You smiled at them, your face red once again. You took a deep breath if fresh air as you walked on and spun around in the afternoon sunshine laughing. You heard Karkat and Dave chuckling at you from behind which made you smile even wider. Today seemed just perfect.
~~~
Dave's Perspective

Today seemed just perfect. ____'s smiling face had you make up your mind. If Karkat didn't back off, you'd have to fight for her. No matter what, you couldn't loose her. You looked at Karkat who just scowled at you as ____ skipped in front of you.

Karkat- NOW YOU'RE JUST SHOWING OFF.
Dave- your right, i am.
Karkat- UGH YOU'RE SUCH AN INSUFFERABLE DOUCHE.
Dave- you wanna go man? let's go right now.
Karkat- WE CAN'T FIGHT NOW, WE'RE STILL ON SCHOOL GROUNDS.
Dave- fine. if you wish to prove yourself to ____ then we'll fight later.
Karkat- WAIT, REALLY? YOU WANNA FIGHT?
Dave- yes. i'll do anything to prove i love her. but i'm sure i stand "no chance" against the ever-so-powerful Karkat Vantas.
Karkat- YOUR FUCKING RIGHT YOU DONT! I'M GOING TO PROVE TO ____ THAT SHE DESERVES SOMEONE BETTER. YOU'LL SEE.
Dave- right.
____- What are you two babbling about back there? I heard my name!
Dave- huh? oh it's nothing, ____.
____- You sure?
Dave- yeah, i'm sure.
Karkat- YEAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.
____- If you say so, I guess...

You didn't like lying to ____ but you couldn't tell her what was going on. This was between you and Karkat- and though it was about her, she didn't need to get involved.
As you approached the apartment building, Karkat left and told you to meet him outside of your apartment building later. You had agreed and continued your walk with ____. You saw worry fill her adorable face and you couldn't stop looking at her. Eventually she noticed and looked at you with wide, (e/c) eyes. Dam, how did you get so lucky?

____- Dave.
Dave- huh? what is it?
____- Are you sure nothing's wrong between you and Karkat? I don't want you two running off killing eachother.
Dave- what? no, that's insane. it's just a small disagreement that's all.

You were right- it was insane. Maybe you should re-think this decision... She looked at you and raised an eyebrow as if she didn't believe you.

____- If something's wrong I want you to tell me, Dave.
Dave- don't worry there's nothing wrong, ____. everything's fine.

You slung your arm around her shoulders and held her close, kissing her forehead. She smiled and you saw her blush as she wrapped her arms around your waist.

____- Okay, Dave...
____- I trust you...

((A/N: I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS BORING IDK WHERE TO GO FROM THERE.
Idk if I should have KK back out or somefin i just IDK! Comment and let me know what you think should happen next so that i can update asap for you guys. Remember to be nice!
Love you, Kittens!!!
-Emma :3 ))