The Fight pt 4

((A/N: Alright here goes nothing and everything...
Enjoy! ))

____'s Perspective

A little while after Dave had left your Pesterchum conversation, you heard footsteps in the hallway. When you opened your door you saw him running down the hall. Your eyes widened when you saw a sword firmly placed in his hands. He turned the corner and you grabbed your laptop, rushing after him as your door clicked behind you. You rushed into the elevator and escaped out the front door, seeing the Strider bust out his skateboard and ride toward the feild. 'God damit...' You thought, running after him with your laptop in hand. You stopped at the field and let yourself catch your breath. You saw Dave stop in the grass, kicking his skateboard up and smiling at a chuckling Karkat. You blinked and saw his sickles, hiding and opening your laptop quickly.

--chumHandle [CH] opened a memo--

CH- GUYS GET OVER HERE NOW!!!
CH- Dave and Karkat both have weapons and I'm afraid they're going to fight!!!!
--FUTUREcarcinoGeneticist [FCG] responded to the memo--

FCG- OH THANK GOG!
FCG- ____, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. OUR PAST SELVES ARE GOING TO FIGHT PLEASE KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
CH- Karkat?! What?! What's going on?!? How are you responding when you are over there talking to Dave?!
FCG- IT'S A LONG STORY- JUST DO AS I SAY! DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH US THIS IS NORMAL
CH- I don't trust you! What if someone gets hurt?
FCG- SOMEONE WILL GET HURT IF YOU GET INVOLVED!
CH- What does that mean?!?
FCG- PLEASE ____ JUST STAY OUT OF IT.
--FUTUREcarcinoGeneticist ceased responding to the memo--

You turned your head away from the memo. "Future" Karkat's warning just wanted to make you intervene sooner. He mentioned that someone would get hurt, and that made you worry. You watched Dave and Karkat circle eachother and you heard footsteps coming from the way you came. You turned to see John, Nepeta, and Terezi rushing toward you.

John- ____! We saw the memo- we're here to help.
Terezi- I W4S FORC3D TO COM3 H3R3.
Nepeta- :33 >> What ar3 Dav3 and Karkitty doing?! Th3y'r3 gonna hurt th3ms3lv3s!!!
____- Oh thank gog you're here- I don't know what to do!
Terezi- JUST GO ST4B ON3 OF TH3M. TH3Y SM3LL V3N3R4BL3.
John- you're not helping, Terezi!

You turned toward Dave and Karkat once again, seeing them run at eachother. Karkat jumped over Dave, slitting his shoulder with his sickle. He screamed before taking deep breaths, turning around and flipping over the troll, slitting his chest. He screamed and they both went at eachother again. Without thinking you jumped in between them only to be met with two sharp pains in your stomach. The others gasped and Dave and Karkat backed away from you as you fell to the ground on your knees. You heard Dave say your name softly before screaming it in the air as you blacked out and fell to the grassy field below you.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-
...
Beep
..
Beep
.
Beep

You wake up to the sound of beeping hospital machines and an excruciating pain erupting in your stomach. Tears filled your tightly closed eyes as you attempted to sit up. Giving up, you opened your eyes to see your mom and a nurse looking at you. Your mom smiled, thankful that you were okay, and squeezed your hand with tears running down her cheeks. You were about to ask what was going on until you remembered the fight. You had jumped in between the two boys, sacrificing your well-being for their lives. You rubbed your eyes and turned to your nurse, who was also smiling.

Nurse- Good morning, ____... How are you feeling?
____- To be honest, not that great...
Nurse- That's not abnormal- you almost died. If those kids and trolls hadn't brought you here immediatally, things would have been much worse.
____- What kids? Are they okay? Where are they? What time is it?
Nurse- Relax, ____. You've been out for at least a couple of hours. Your friends had all grouped here but thought you'd be out all night so most of them left...
____- Oh...
Nurse- Except for one.
____- Really? Could you bring them in?
Nurse- Well, since you seem to be doing alright, I guess so.
____- Thank you, ma'am...

You looked around at the familiar white walls surrounding you as the nurse left to go get whoever was waiting to see you. You looked back at your mom who was wiping her tears away.

Mom- Are you sure you're okay, sweety?
____- I think I'll be okay, Mom...
Mom- Oh thank God. Your father and I were worried sick!
____- Sorry to scare you like that, mom. I missed you.
Mom- I missed you too.

The nurse walked in and your mom kissed you goodbye, passing by an easily recognized blonde-haired boy with his signature sunglasses and red sweatshirt. After the nurse moved, he ran up to you imediatally, kneeling besides you and hugging you're top half. You could feel tears on your shoulders as you hugged him back. There were no words in that moment- only warm embraces were shared and tears were shed. It was nice to have a hug from him again. After a while, Dave spoke up.

Dave- i'm so sorry, ____...
____- I guess it's okay Dave...
____- Just don't let go...

((A/N: I FEEL SO EVIL >:)
I'm sorry...
Anyway, There you have it! I decided to focus more on Dave from now on because the story IS titled "Dave x reader", after all. I hope this wasn't too sad or anything but I promise it's not over yet and I shall continue! I know you've been waiting for that make out scene, you dirty viewers you. Don't worry, it will come! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1k+ READS!!! CELEBRATION TIME, EVERYONE!!
YOU GUYS ARE TRUELY THE BEST!!! Cya later, kittens! Luv you ❤️
- Emma ( Author-chan ) 🎉🎊🎆 ))