50 | fifty

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hero's Soup
1:45pm

"So..."

"So? How have you been, Seungmin? I haven't seen you in a while," Felix furrowed his brows as he sipped on his caramel latte, his tastebuds savoring every bit of the new, quite enjoyable flavor. "I've been prolonging a really important decision for almost two days because I wanted to talk to you about it first."

"Okay, shoot me," Seungmin effortlessly faked a smile, fiddling with his fingers on the table while Felix only thoroughly observed his gestures, still pondering on the younger's insisted decline to having a drink. "And I don't mean to rush but, I have to get back to work soon."

Felix only scoffed and rolled his eyes at the distasteful remark of his best friend, sipping his latte again before speaking. "Well um... it's about Chan..."

"What about him?"

"He-" the boy looked down in frail attempt to hide the slight blush creeping along his cheeks, heart quickening its beats against his chest. "He asked me to be his boyfriend..."

Almost choking on his own spit, Seungmin's eyes widened, lips automatically curving into a grilling frown. "He asked you out? Like seriously? What did you say?"

"I told him that I just needed time to think it over," the older shrugged nonchalantly before looking up at his friend again, arching a brow at the confused expression mixed with disapproval plastered on the male's face. "Are you okay? I think I'm going to say yes, but I just wanted to talk to you about it first... You know, since we're used to telling each other everything."

"Oh well I mean, if you want to, go for it," Seungmin sighed and stretched, heart restlessly aching to display more affection and interest to their one-sided conversation, but the consistent rings of his boyfriend's so-called pleas for success in their relationship only acted as a temporary, practically ineffective painkiller to the soreness. "Was that all you wanted to talk about?"

"Seungmin? Are you really okay?" Felix stopped sipping on his latte, running his tongue over the caramel and whipped cream above his lips before speaking again. "That's all you have to say after finding out that the Bang Chan that I've been talking about for the past three months asked me to be his boyfriend? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No, Lix. I'm just saying that if it'll make you happy, tell him yes," Seungmin shrugged and faked a yawn before leaning against the table once more. "Besides, we both know you've been needing a man in your life for some time."

"Excuse me? What the fuck do you mean by that?" The older's voice grew deeper, jaw clenching and toes wiggling anxiously in his dress shoes to ease the sudden rage and anxiety. "Where is all of this coming from, Seungmin? I would honestly expect this attitude from Hyuinjin, but not you. Did I do something to you?"