49 | forty-nine

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Blueprint Apartments
7:35pm

Chewing anxiously on his bottom lip, Felix lingered to the front of the older's apartment, the lack of support from either of his friends mixed with his heart's desperate cries for confirmation and settlement fueling the growth of his ambition. Muttering a few words of encouragement under his breath, he began soft knocks against the door that he had exited so full of hurt, anger and shame the day before.

"Chan?" Felix called out lowly after much hesitation, weakly repeating the soft cries and knocks despite the fact that there was zero chance of any audible recognition on the inside. "Chan it's me, Felix," he leaned his face against the wood in hope that the vibrations of the base in his voice would somehow alert any life behind that door of his presence. "I just want to talk... are you there?"

Finally realizing that his soft, almost effortless knocks and whispers would get him nowhere, Felix clenched his fists harder against the door and strengthened its impact, quickly stopping when a low "ouch" and swear could be heard just behind the frame. "C-Cha-"

"Felix?" Chan swung the door open without warning, a grimaced look formed on his face as he held one foot over the other uncomfortably, wincing at his firm grip on what had to be a stubbed toe. Letting down his leg with a soft whine, the brunette placed his complete attention onto the unexpected visit of the younger. "Felix, what are you doing- wait- did Seungmin speak to you?"

"Sort of," the blonde looked down, fiddling with the linty paws of his sweater. "But I- we didn't have a talk, per say... so I'd like to hear everything for myself if you don't mind?"

"Of course not," Chan shifted for the boy to walk in, slightly embarrassed at the mess of endless pieces of tissue in his living room due to the unplanned visit. "Don't mind the mess, please. It's been a stressful twenty-four hours for me..."

"Same," Felix smiled softly, voluntarily stooping and piling up all of the tissue from the tiles and carpet, looking up at Chan and tilting his head while holding up a handful of the paper. "Where's the trash bin?"

"No, no, Felix. You don't need to do this-"

"Just show me the bin, Chan," Felix spoke again, smiling and nodding when the older motioned his arm to the kitchen. "You're not the only one who's had a rough day, so I know how you feel. This is nothing for me to do, okay?" He walked back over to pick up the last lingering pieces of tissue, smiling satisfactorily when every shred was thrown away. "I'm ready to talk when you are."

Poking at the inside of his cheek with his tongue, Chan made his way to the far end of the sofa, Felix in turn taking a seat to the opposite side. He tightened his eyelids shut before speaking, the lack of light from his eyes finally bringing a stop to the relentless argument in his head as to whether he should apologize repetitively or simply reexplain his reasoning to the younger.