45 | forty-five

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Blueprint Apartments
4:30pm

"You mind recording for me?" Chan questioned eagerly, unthinkingly handing an awe-filled Felix his cellphone. "I just want to make this moment last longer, you know?"

"O-oh of course," Felix gulped, accepting the device from the older, a bright smile plastered on his face. "Do you want it from any specific angle, or..."

"No, just record what I do with clips of your reactions," Chan giggled, laying the board on the ground and hesitantly resting one leg on its surface. "I want something to look at to remember today- since we didn't take any pictures together or anything," he spoke softly this time, an almost unnoticeable sad look forming on his face. "Stand against the sun so it'll record probably."

"I know how to take a video, Chan," Felix snickered as he tapped on the record option, laughing hysterically at how the older was already struggling to attain proper balance. "I thought you said your skills were still fresh," he teased, walking sideways to capture every inch of the brunette's comically unsteady movements.

Noticing how older's previous years of skills and practice visibly rediscovered the correct path to his legs to stabilize their position and movements, an unexpected yet seemingly comfortable thought glided into Felix's mind. He thought twice about it, looking at the brunette through the frame before glancing down at his feet. "No harm there," his heart muttered out, the boy in turn swiftly rotating the device so that its back could face him. He smiled and waved childishly into the camera, knowingly boasting the red stains on his cheeks. "I recorded a little piece of me so you'll have my smile to look at whenever you're watching..."

Chan blushed, pausing his stunts to look over at the younger, heart satisfied at the boy's verbal confirmation of his meaningful action. "Thank you," he shouted before regaining complete balance, skating around at all corners on the concrete surface, ensuring to keep a far enough distance from the edge. "I should really come up here more often."

"You're so-" Felix forced a pause to his complementary comment, smile somewhat dimming as he read over the familiarly saved contact ringing Chan's phone- the outcasted section of his mind that kept all reasoning, inference, and self defense suddenly raging a war, breaking all those rational thoughts free. "Sa-na?" He mumbled, lifting his head to view the older, a questioning, skeptical look formed on his face. "Isn't she the girl from- isn't she the one that- why is she calling Chan?"

"Everything okay, Lix?" Chan spoke lowly, cheeks merging into a small frown as he observed Felix's sudden dampened demeanor. Arching a brow at the familiar sound coming from his phone, he drew closer to the boy. "Who's calling?"

"S-sana," Felix gulped, looking down and practically shoving the phone into the older's chest when he seemed close enough. "I- I didn't know you two still talked on casual occasions like this."