29 | twenty-nine

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hero's Soup
1:50pm

"Hey Sana?" Chan disturbed the girl from dealing with a customer, politely raising a hand to be excused. "I'm taking the fifteen minute break you told me about after I deliver this order," he lifted the coconut latte to show her, already pulling the apron overhead. "So just take over, it's not for long."

He ignored the glint of disgust in the female's eyes as she glanced over to where the innocent, freckled boy was sitting, shaking her head at how close her co-worker and the boy had seemed to be. "Fine," she muttered, returning a smile for the confused customer.

Chan only chuckled sarcastically before double checking the absence of customers in a line to his side of the counter before grabbing the latte for Felix.

"Lix," the addict spoke enthusiastically, fitting into a chair next to the younger. "Here is your latte, and it's on me," he nudged the boy's shoulder, and though his cheeks hurt, Chan couldn't stop smiling as he kept up close eye contact with the boy. "Thanks again for coming. I'm honestly fed up of this already, but then I remember that you made a promise to come here everyday."

"Yeah," Felix blushed, sipping his drink to ease his cheeks from their own excessive smile. "I keep my promises. How has the day been so far?"

"Meh," Chan shrugged, slumping in his seat. "Not bad I guess. It's just really, really uncomfortable being without my sweater for so long," he shook his head, glancing back at the counter, narrowing his eyes when he noticed how Sana had swiftly averted her gaze when she noticed the older's in her direction. "My co-worker is quite... interesting I should say."

"Hm?" Felix rotated to find who or what Chan was looking at, a slight sting finding its way to his chest when he noticed the alluring ginger behind the counter. "O-oh. Well at least you have a co-worker? She seems- she seems nice," he forced those words out, sinking his top lip into the latte in hope that that favored taste would take over the new bits of unnecessary jealousy.

"Hm," Chan scoffed before returning his gaze to Felix with a smirk. "No need to worry," he teased, winking at the younger, chuckling when Felix acted surprised from the comment. "Remember, I'm all yours, okay?"

Felix giggled before taking another big sip of his latte, Chan smirking at the white foam left on the boy's top lip. "Y-yeah," he stuttered, cheeks and ears burning from the blush that he couldn't manage to hide. "Aren't you on shift? How come your sitting here like this?"

"I get a fifteen minute break within each shift," Chan smiled, eyes tracing over each and everyone of Felix's freckles before sending a teasing chuckle towards the latter for the cute stain around his mouth. "And I took it so I could spend some time with you."

"Oh," Felix smiled, looking away. "Well um... what do you want to talk about? Sorry I'm so awkward- it's just, this place brings back so many memories, you know? They're happy memories, but it's what comes after them that hurts," Felix frowned, looking down and resting the cup against the table.