48 | forty-eight

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hero's Soup
7:30am

"Jae," Sana greeted courteously, glimpsing up at the wall clock with a confused, somewhat nervous smile at the realization that her co-worker wasn't there yet. "I see you're early for the monthly evaluation?"

"Yes, I am, as usual," the manager looked around skeptically, a checkbook hanging loosely in his hand. "Where's, what's his name- Christopher? Isn't he usually very early?"

"N-no he isn't sir- well sometimes? Oh, there he is," the female thinned a tight smile, a fight raging within herself to keep proper composure in the presence of the senior despite the relentless itching at the tip of her tongue to confront the "addict" on his decision to blatantly ignore her cals the day before.

"Good morning Mr, Youngjae," Chan wore the softest, politest smile as he walked in, his ID gripped securely in his hand. "I'm sorry for being so late this morning, but I actually don't plan on returning after today," he spoke rather calmly, chuckling at how the two were clearly taken aback from his statement, their baffled expression being quite a humorous sight to the "addict". "I assume that you came to distribute pay checks?"

"Yes I did, but why are you leaving so abruptly?" Youngjae rotated to face the employee completely, the obvious look of disappointment formed on his face contradicting his supposedly professional demeanor. "You've only worked here for a month... did something happen? Another job opportunity?"

"Let's go with that," Chan thinned his lips into a closed smile, walking up closer to the two to hand the superior his ID in hope that he'd be able quickly receive his pay check and leave the environment of that scandalous female co-worker for good. "It was a pleasure working at your café, sir, but due to uncontrollable circumstances, I can no longer continue my duties here."

"Well I mean it's kind of disappointing," Jae shrugged and looked over at Sana, frowning at the evident disbelief in the girl's unblinking eyes. "Sana has been working here for years, and every time she becomes used to a co-worker, they just end up leaving in less than no time," he sighed before returning his focus to a now enlightened Chan, running his eyes over the boy's ID, mind still completely innocent to the truthful reason behind his "favorite" employee's unlucky outcome with all new workers sharing her shifts. "It's sad yes, but I can't hold you back."

"Thank you..." the younger male spoke lowly, running a hand through his hair while the other stayed put in his pocket, his eyes digging into the female's dampened ones while the manager walked over to the counter to write up the checks. Taking light steps closer to the ginger, Chan smirked, shaking his head and leaning down until the teasingly flawless skin spreading along her rosy cheeks practically ghosted his own blemish-free one, the manager to enveloped in his task to notice their seemingly intimate contact. "They all leave, huh? I wonder why~"