26 | twenty-six

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ❄️ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Airplane Cinema
7:30pm

"Damn," Jisung awed as he observed all of the modern changes in the theater. "I can hardly recognize this place," he looked at Minho, frowning at the boy's uncomfortable expression. Clearing his throat, he spoke again. "I know tonight might not be showing the same movie, but it's the setting that matters."

"Yeah," Minho sighed, he too observing the changed environment. "I mean, it's the same theater, same memories," he chuckled softly, locking eyes with the younger. "We were both nervous on the first date, right? So the recreation is quite similar I guess," he looked down, mentally slapping himself for slipping that comment. "S-sorry. Let's just go take our seats."

"We should try to claim them in the same area as the first time." Jisung grabbed the older's arm without warning, heart pumping violently against his chest at the bold action. He pulled Minho gently through the seats, stopping at two empty ones to the last corner of the room. "They're still here," he smiled softly, releasing the man's hand swiftly out of nervousness- it really did feel like a first date.

"Still smells like shit," Minho tried to joke, taking the seat to the far end while Jisung sat next to him. "But it feels the same though, you know, nostalgia I guess..."

"Yeah," Jisung looked down, rubbing his palms against his jeans to rid some of the excess cold sweat. Gulping, he continued, "Maybe it's because we're here together, again?"

"Maybe," Minho sighed, chewing on the inside of his cheek from nervousness. He'd agreed to start from square one with the other doctor, thus the reason why they were somewhat re-enacting their first date.

It was weird but cute how the lovers of eleven years were so flustered from the task of just reliving a classical high-school date, but they did say square one, didn't they? "Y-you remember what we did after, well during the movie?" Minho smiled softly at the memory, tilting to lock gazes with the other.

Jisung was confused at first, but drawing his mind back to that faithful night, a smile spread across his own face, small giggles escaping his lips. "You mean the walk with ice-cream at the park? Damn, I had the biggest brain freeze," Jisung chuckled, reflexively resting a hand over Minho's thigh, briskly pulling the palm away. "S-sorry," his smile faded, a light blush now spreading along his cheeks. "You plan on doing that tonight?"

"Well it is the first date, isn't it?" Minho teased, nudging the younger. "And we are older, which means that we go to sleep earlier," he sighed. "So what do you say we ditch this movie for our walk now?"

"I'd love that," Jisung smiled again, blushing even harder when a genuine smile reappeared across Minho's cheeks. "Let's go then."

-

Park Seoul 9th District
9:02pm

The two echoed soft chatters and giggles through the almost empty area, both wincing from a brain freeze now and then from the cold air mixed with the cup of ice-cream in each of their hands.